Thursday, May 7, 2015

Bee-utiful Card

As of this writing, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the bees are buzzing. Spring has finally sprung and I couldn't "bee" happier. Speaking of bees, I have a fun card to share with you today.



This card features the new Saffron Sunshine collection now available at The Robin's Nest shop! This collection includes a variety of cardstock, archival seeds, embellishments and ribbons...all designed to coordinate and give you a lot of bang for your buck. I used the Saffron Sunshine Cardstock and Bee Die Cuts, along with some Goldenberry Dew Drops.

Saffron Sunrise Cardstock
Saffron Sunrise Bee Die Cuts
Goldenberry Dew Drops

To start building this card, I started with a white A2 cardbase.  I added a layer of black cardstock cut slightly smaller than the base. To that I added a layer of the Saffron Sunrise cardstock, cut slightly smaller than the black layer.

I then tied a black ribbon and wrapped the corner. The whole layer was then adhered to the card base.



The honeycomb and bees were attached to a black piece of cardstock that was slightly larger than the embellishment.  Before attaching the honeycomb, I distressed the edges of the cardstock. That was then attached to the cardbase at a slight angle.




I used a yellow vellum tag and stamped the sentiment "Thank you for 'beeing' my friend!" (from the Bee My Friend stamp set from See D's) using Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black.



Using a couple of dimensional adhesive squares cut into triangles, I mounted the tag on the card. To the tag I added three Goldenberry Dew Drops. I also added a couple at the top left corner and bottom right corner of the honeycomb layer.



For the inside of the card, I added a layer of black cardstock and Saffron Sunrise cardstock. I then stamped the sentiment (from the same See D's set) on white cardstock layered with black. I like a finished card that I can grab and send. This card could easily be used for a thank you, thinking of you, or just because occasion.



I hope you like the card and are compelled to check out this fun collection at The Robin's Nest.

See you soon!




7 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very cute card Ro!! I love it!

Terri Sproul said...

this is really cool

Betsy Skagen said...

Love this card Ro! Fabulous manicure too ;)

Ann Strecko Koeman said...

Bee-utiful!

frezja said...

so pretty :)

LisaM said...

Love this Ro!

Robin O'Crowley said...

Beautiful card , love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...