Friday, April 10, 2015

When Skies are Gray

Hi!,
I wanted to share with you today a shadowbox project. I hope it inspires you to try one of your own.


For this project you will need:
Clouds cardstock
Saffron cards embellishment cards
Saffron honey cardstock
Shadow box
Dimensional foam adhesive squares
Michaels® kite embellishments
Heidi Swapp® see thru mini banner
Aleenes®tacky glue
 Distress paint and Staz-on® ink
 American® multi-surface paint

First paint your shadow box in the colors of your choice. I chose a faded jean distress paint for the outside of the box and medium grey and blue grey multi-surface paint for the inside edges of the box.

Cut out the cloud paper to fit inside the shadow box. I used a picket fence around the edges.



I used  black ink and a distress ink tool around the edges of my embellishment card and the torn saffron honey piece I planned using as a backdrop for my card.

Attach the cardstock to the cloud paper using a  dimensional adhesive square. I did the same with my embellishment card and my kites. I measure the see-thru banner and cut to fit the shadow box then attached it to the cloud paper. Once you have everything on your background then you can glue it to the shadow box.
Note: I use dimensional squares to give my shadow box more interest and depth.







Once you have an idea of what you want to do, a shadowbox project goes together very quickly.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by!

Shari



 I have been creating art for as long as I can remember. I studied graphic design in Portland,Oregon before moving to Denton, Texas and putting all my focus on mixed media art. In addition to being on The Robin's Nest Design Team, I am an article writer for mixed media art, on the Creative Paperclay Design team, and a blogger for DecoArt. I strongly believe in giving back. I volunteer at Scrap Denton Creative Reuse Center where I teach workshops, art camps, and perform art demos. I am very passionate about mixed media art and helping others discover their creativity. 
 Follow more of my creative life at My Altered Life's blog page and My Altered Life on FB

5 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute idea! The clouds cardstock goes perfect with this saying :) love it Shari!

Ann Strecko Koeman said...

I love this shadow box. that aper is awesome for this.

Terri Sproul said...

love the look of this. like the way you did the background papers

LisaM said...

Love this Shari!

Bev Code said...

OMG love this ... super cute and creative

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...