Friday, April 24, 2015

When Life Gets Stormy





Life has it's share of ups and downs. Your attitude and ability to adjust will help you get through the tough times.

Let me show you how I created my mixed media canvas.

My supplies
8x10 canvas
Matt medium
Robin's Nest® blue tear drops
Robin's Nest ® robins egg glitter cardstock
Robin's Nest® airplane cardstock
Americana® multi-surface paint
E6000® glue
Swirl stencil
Sharpie®
mambiSTICKS® sticker
Tim Holtz Distress® inks
Tim Holtz Distress® markers
Tim Holtz Idea-ology® tissue paper

Let's get started





 I had extra smaller pieces of  idea-ology tissue paper I wanted to use up. I used matt medium to   adhere them to my canvas creating a collage look.










I used my swirl stencil with distress ink to create the look of swirling wind on my background.





I cut out cloud shapes and the background for my quote sticker from airplane cardstock.
The umbrella was cut from robins egg glitter cardstock.











 I colored in some of the white/word diamond shapes on the airplane cardstock with distress markers. Distress markers will color the space but allowed for the words to show through. Distress markers were also used to add detail to the umbrella.






 I glued down all the pieces using matt medium.

A sharpie was used to outline the clouds and the umbrella. Distress ink was used to define the edges of the canvas. The sides of the canvas were painted with multi-surface paint.

I added tear drops for the rain using E6000 glue.


Thank you for stopping by and following along with my tutorial.

Shari


I have been creating art for as long as I can remember. I studied graphic design in Portland,Oregon before moving to Denton, Texas and putting all my focus on mixed media art. In addition to being on The Robin's Nest Design Team, I am an article writer for mixed media art, on the Creative Paperclay Design team, and a blogger for DecoArt. I strongly believe in giving back. I volunteer at Scrap Denton Creative Reuse Center where I teach workshops, art camps, and perform art demos. I am very passionate about mixed media art and helping others discover their creativity. 
 Follow more of my creative life at My Altered Life's blog page and My Altered Life on FB

3 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute Shari! I love how your colored the clouds and the rain is wonderful too, great canvas!

LisaM said...

Love This!

Tonya said...

So fun and adorable! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...