Monday, April 13, 2015

Sunshine Is Delicious!

Hey there!
Lisa here with you today.
Our theme this month is a quote from John Ruskin: Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces up, snow is exhilarating; there is no such thing as bad weather just different kinds of good weather.
I loved the first part of the quote and decided to use that as my title for this layout of my son on the beach in California:

 
I used Sky Blue Glitter Cardstock for the base of my layout. I then took Saffron Honey Cardstock and used a stencil to cut rays from it:
 
 
Distress the edges
Here is a photo of the cardstock with the rays attached:
 
 
Stitch in place. I used a scalloped circle punch to make the face for the sun and stitched that in place as well. I used Cream Animal Print Cardstock, sprayed it with mist and wiped. I love that the glitter part resisted the ink. So cool! I added it to the bottom of my page to mimic sand. I then added my 4 wallet sized photos and fussy cut the chalkboard sign out of the Wedding Cut-Outs Cardstock.
 
I added the gorgeous doily and turquoise bike from the Azure Bike Die Cuts package.
 
 
I cut the chicken wire in half from the Saffron Bee Die cut Package and added it to my page. I also used the Dew Drops and wood veneer bee from there as well. The shell stickers are from the Beach Sticker sheet, I just fussy cut it and popped it up using foam tape.

 
I also added bits and pieces from the Azure Mini Die Cut Shapes package. I added some Tender Teal Archival Seeds throughout my layout. I cut my title using Glitter Starfish Cardstock and my Cameo.

 
Here are a few more close ups:


 
These are the products I used:
 
 
 
I will share later this month what I did with the rest of the starburst I fussy cut the rays from.
Thanks for sharing your day with us!

~~~Lisa~~~

7 comments:

Ann Strecko Koeman said...

I am going to copy this for my own album, it is great!

Bev Code said...

fabulous page.. loving all the new accents available to create with .. awesome job

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

So very cool Lisa! I love the sunshine! Great job!!

Terri Sproul said...

the sunrays are amazing...

Miranda said...

Lisa, your LO is AWESOME!!!! BL

wendipooh13 said...

love the sun rays, cool stitching and great embellies!!! all the photos on the page are perfect!!!

frezja said...

this is cool!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...