Saturday, April 25, 2015

Spiff up a studio with this altered art supply tote


Last year I redecorated my studio with an industrial chic teal and rust theme. Yet, I never really seem to finish--I am always refining the look and more importantly, improving my organization.

Sure that sounds good, but truth is, at least in my Paper Calliope studio, I'm a slob. I actually love when things are neat and organized, but despite my best intentions, the studio always ends up a mess. Considering that sometimes I have to tiptoe between piles of paper, ephemera, glitter bottles and heat guns, "mess" might be an understatement.



Tutorial--How to make an altered art supply tote



Step One Paint the interior of a drink tote with metallic brown paint. Let dry.

Step Two Trace the outside sections of the drink tote onto Teal Glitter Cardstock and cut out.



Step Three Adhere the glitter cardstock to the drink tote using Beacon 3-in-1 Craft Glue.



Step Four Adhere a patterened brown fabric tape to tote corners.

Step Five Distress edges of tote with dark brown ink.



Step Six Adhere rusty metal hardware to sides of tote with a strong adhesive.

Step Seven Adhere blue metallic dew drops to sides of tote.

Step Eight Tie short pieces of assorted ribbons to tote handle.



That's it! All you have to do now is add your favorite supplies and enjoy months  days  hours  mere minutes of complete craft studio organization!


Stuff I used


Teal Glitter Cardstock
Metallic Teal Dew Drops
Beacon 3-In-1 Advanced Craft Glue, 4-Ounce
Drink tote
Fabric tape
Assorted bits of ribbon
Metal hardware pieces

6 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Sooo cool!! And you make it look so easy! I love your color choice, I may have to sneak peak your studio one day. Great job Betsy!!

shari welch said...

I just adore this Betsy!

Tonya said...

Fun tutorial! You steam punked this project out of the park! Great job!

Jess M said...

Awesome tote! Can you find it in your studio now? One of these days we need to do a "my messy studio" tour!

LisaM said...

Love that turquoise cardstock with the rusty metals, so cool!

Steph Ackerman said...

Great job, absolutely love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...