Saturday, April 18, 2015

April Showers



L



Living in Arizona I don't see too much rain.  It's so rare that we really try to enjoy it when it does happen.  My curly hair doesn't like it, but the rest of me does! 
I know sometimes weather can be overwhelming so this quote reminded me that every storm passes and there is reason to celebrate.  

 
I started by layering my ink onto a manila tag.  I didn't really go in with a color scheme but I ended up with blues, purples, and green.  Once I had my ink down I flicked water across to speckle the ink.  

I took a stamp and used white paint to stamp the image.  I really wanted to have the image on black cardstock.  Stamping in the paint allowed me to see the image and then fussy cut it out.  I raised the image using foam tape.  

Next I laid down my text.  I very lightly inked the words with a pink ink.  


Now it's time to go CRAZY with archival seeds.  The seeds are awesome and there about a bazillion in each package.  For this tag I grabbed my  Archival Seeds in Bubble GumTender TealBlue Skies, and Pistachio.  I just started laying down the seeds in a random fashion.  I did not glue them down until I was happy with my arrangement.  You can see I placed some concave and some convex.  


I topped the tag off with Azure Ribbon.  

Now, go play outside!


6 comments:

Tonya said...

Fun tag! Love how you used the archival seeds. Great job!

Lastochka said...

Cute rain's tag! for good mood!

LisaM said...

Cool tag! Loving the ink work and archival seeds as rain!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I love this tag!! You did awesome with the Archival Sseds!

Robin O'Crowley said...

Very Fun!

Bev Code said...

super tag .. great raindrops

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...