Saturday, April 18, 2015

Altered Thermometer

Hello, it's me Ann from AnnMakes and the Design Team here at the Robin's Nest Blog.  Today I have this altered thermometer project to share with you.  Now I have to confess that I had original intentions to bling out this baby a lot more.  But then I wanted to let the wood shine through, if that makes any sense.  So I ended up going with a 'Less is More" look.  I hope that you like my modestly altered project.


To make something similar you will need:

An unfinished wooden based thermometer (I had bought mine at a Dollar store a while back)
Some really strong and probably smelly adhesive that can withstand temperature changes and the outdoors.
A piece of metallic cord.
Also some felt flowers and permanent ink markers.

The Robin's Nest products I used are:
Butterfly Dew Drops (available here)
Cherry Chocolate Dew Drops (available here)
Christmas Dew Drops (available here)
Azure Mini Die-Cut Shapes (available here)

To make this:

1.  Colour the white felt flowers with permanent ink markers.


2.  Glue a Chocolate Dew Drop for the bird's eye.

3.  Attach a piece of fibre or metallic cord around the butterfly and put a small piece of tape on its back to keep its antennas in place.


4.  Adhere the flowers, bird, and butterflies.  Add some Dew Drops to the flower centres.


Thanks for stopping by and please stop by my blog at http://annmakes.blogspot.com for more crafty goodness.

4 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute!

Tonya said...

Oh I hadn't even thought to alter a thermometer! Thanks for the inspiration and wonderfully done! :-)

LisaM said...

Super cute!

Bev Code said...

fun idea.. cool

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...