Thursday, March 19, 2015

Tired of Shoes Yet? How 'Bout Boots?

It's my day to post for The Robin's Nest, so here I am...Ro!

There have been some awesome projects so far this month...mostly involving shoes. Well, that IS our theme this month..."Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world. - Marilyn Monroe".

I thought I'd put a little spin on it and do some boots! I actually woke up at 4 o'clock this morning with this idea for a project. Nothing like waiting til the last minute. But in my defense, I have had a house full of relatives for a week for my son and future DIL's wedding shower. I've been busy doing decorations and still working on wedding invitations, and entertaining the family and running all the necessary errands.  Whew! So it's no wonder I was ill-prepared. But I digress...

Anyhow, like many others, I am enamored with the cute rain slicker boots that are so popular. And when these popped into my head, I quickly opened my iPad and sketched it out. So glad I did, too, because knowing me lately, I would have totally forgotten what I thought up! lol

Enough blabbering on...here is my card.


Now tell me, is that paper not the PERFECT pattern for those boots?  Here's how they came together.

  1. Cut a card base for a 5" square card using white cardstock.
  2. Cut out the adorable boots and assemble them. I used my Silhouette Cameo and an svg file from the Silhouette Store. The paper I used was Rosy Chevron for the main part of the boots, and Brick Glitter for the soles and top. I used a Spectrum Noir marker (DR6) to outline the boots to give them some dimension.
  3. Using a sketch pen and pen holder attachment for the Cameo, draw the sentiment. Again, I used an svg file from the Silhouette Store.
  4. Using Spectrum Noir markers (LG4 and CR5), color in the lettering of the sentiment and cut down to a small square. Add foam tape to the back and attach to the card base.
  5. I used a Zig Wink of Stella pen to add a little glimmer to the green words.
  6. Cut a "puddle" from some silver cardstock and attach to the card.
  7. Attach the boots to the card base.
  8. Using dabs of white glue, sprinkle Flower Soft on the glue dots. Gently tap the "petals" into the glue and then tap off the excess. I used "Summer" colors of Flower Soft.
  9. Add some random glue spots to the card and attach some pink and green Dew Drops.
  10. Add some small clear rhinestones to complete the card.




I just love how these boots turned out. Outlining them with a darker color makes them pop from the page. And the Flower Soft gives the appearance that flowers are spilling from the tops.









Thanks for letting me share with you. One thing before I go...just want to remind you of the blog hop the end of this month! It will be great fun and I hope you will join us!


See you soon!!!







The Robin's Nest Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:
Flower Soft (Summer); Silhouette Cameo; Rain Boots svg; Spring Sentiment svg; CriKit pen holder and pen; Rhinestones; Adhesive; Foam Dots; Spectrum Noir Markers (DR6, LG4, CR5); Zig Wink of Stella Pen; White and Silver Cardstock

7 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Those are perfect boots!! I love the puddles too!! Have a fun time with your family!

Tonya said...

Adorable boots and you drew these out too! How clever is that? Wonderfully done!

Ann Strecko Koeman said...

Oh I would just love to wear a pair of those! Adorable.

Lastochka said...

Excellent card for this spring))

LisaM said...

Love your boots! So fun!

frezja said...

fantastic! wow :)

Betsy Skagen said...

Oh my word! Those boots! To die for!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...