Saturday, March 14, 2015

Shoes, shoes, shoes

I love shoes.  Probably a bit more than I should. I own over 100 pairs.  I used to wear heels to work every day.  Now I mostly wear flats.  I can walk up to 12 miles on a really busy day.  My poor feet can't take the heels anymore.

 This little lady, I made for you today, knows how the right pair of shoes can make you feel.
I started with a humble coaster as my base.  I used the back side of the  Bunny Stripe Cardstock and splattered it with various stains to tone it down a bit.  I wanted to match the chair my lady was sitting in.  I covered the coaster in Zip Dry glue and put the cardstock on top.






While that dried I used my Saffron Honey Cardstock for the back piece. The back piece is chipboard.  A little more Zip Dry and I was ready to assemble.



I speckled some paint on the back piece by dipping in my paint brush and flicking it on the paper.



I used foam tape to give the layers dimension.



My sentiment was printed on the computer and trimmed up to fit around my focal image.
I added a shoe charm and a bit of fluffy trim to complete the main body.  To make the hanger I took the polka dot ribbon out of the Saffron Ribbon pack.  I used some stains to pull in the colors from the  main piece(some pinks and yellows), tied a couple knots, and it's ready to hang.








Hope all my shoe loving ladies enjoyed this project!
Stop by my blog to see what else I have been up to.  Thanks for looking today!
Jess

8 comments:

Terri Sproul said...

girl can never have too many shoes

Tonya said...

Awesome project Jess! Love the different techniques you used!

frezja said...

ooo, this is fantastic! I love details :)

LisaM said...

Great project!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I love it!! The cardstocks are perfect with your lady :) and the shoe was the perfect touch!!

Elaine Ruiz said...

Such a wonderful project!!!

Lastochka said...

Great work!

Betsy Skagen said...

Love at first sight.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...