Friday, March 27, 2015

Fabulous You!

Good Morning!

Welcome to the 2nd of my shoe themed creations made with products from The Robin's Nest®.
This piece of wall art was very easy to put together. Let me show you how!


First I found a template of a shoe that I wanted to use. The template I chose was originally used for quilting. I tweaked it a little to adapt it for this paper project.

Don't be afraid to look around a little and think outside the box when creating your project.You might be surprised at what you can find to use.

Cut out the pieces of the shoe template. Now is the time you can play around and decide what paper to use for each section.  You can use paper for the bow, something else, or nothing at all. I played around quite a bit before coming up with my final decision. When you are happy with your choices, trace onto the paper and cut out. Now you are ready to glue your shoe together.

The next step is to cut out three pieces of paper, one to put the shoe on and the other two to accent the background.  I used two types of corner punches. The first punch rounded the corners of the sheet with the shoe, the other created a decorative corner that I could slip in the black border paper.






I took a pretty piece of decorative wood, painted it black with a bubblegum pink border. I stapled 2 pieces of pink ribbon to the back and tied it in a bow at the top to create the frame hanger.










Papers for shoe
Black suede
Pink gold glitter cardstock

Shoe bow
Precious girl diamond dew drops
Classified mini dew drops

Background papers
Rosy chevron cardstock

Words/stars
Heidi Swapp color pop friends epoxy stickers

Butterfly/accent
Rosy mini die cut shapes

Ribbon frame hanger
Rosy ribbon



Thank you for coming by and taking a moment to check out my tutorial.

Shari
 
 
I have been creating art for as long as I can remember. I studied graphic design in Portland,Oregon before moving to Denton, Texas and putting all my focus on mixed media art. In addition to being on The Robin's Nest Design Team, I am an article writer for mixed media art, on the Creative Paperclay Design team, and a blogger for DecoArt. I strongly believe in giving back. I volunteer at Scrap Denton Creative Reuse Center where I teach workshops, art camps, and perform art demos. I am very passionate about mixed media art and helping others discover their creativity. 
You can follow more of my creative journey at My Altered Life on Facebook  and My Altered Life's blog page.







SO EXCITED!

It's almost time for The Robin's Nest® blog hop

4 comments:

LisaM said...

Love the colors, so pretty!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

Ann Strecko Koeman said...

I love this!

Jackie said...

I left my comment on the wrong post!! I finished the blog hop and had an enjoyable time♥ I am not sure if my one comment on a different language went through?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...