Friday, March 13, 2015

Creative Inspiration from a Marilyn Monroe Quote

Good Morning!

Marilyn Monroe has always been one of my all time favorites! It is so exciting to have our monthly inspiration one of her famous quotes.

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world!"
                                                               Marilyn Monroe


 I hope you enjoy the tag I created about a girl and her lovely dancing shoes.






For this project I used a #10 large manila tag. I attached printed tissue paper using an adhesive especially good for thin papers. I defined the edges using a distress ink.




I used  rub on images from The Robin's Nest line called Viva La France.




 I used a Julie Nutting stamp on manila cardstock and stamped two. I cut one for the tag and cut out templates of the dress parts with the other.




I printed out the quote and cut into some individual  words. I used the dress template and cut out dress parts using Brick fat plaid and  Glitter discovery girl.









To help the words show more I glued them to the Glitter discovery girl paper, cut out, and defined the edges with a distress ink.











I gathered ribbon, lace, and yarn together, folded it in half, and pushed the loop end through the hole in the manila tag. I took the ends and threaded them through the loop, pulling to tighten.








I used distress markers for coloring the girl, glued the pieces together and onto the tag, added a few vintage ticket stubs, and mini dew drops  to finish the tag. 



Thank you for coming by to view my tutorial. It was so much fun to create.

Shari


I have been creating art for as long as I can remember. I studied graphic design in Portland,Oregon before moving to Denton, Texas and putting all my focus on mixed media art. In addition to being on The Robin's Nest Design Team, I am an article writer for mixed media art, on the Creative Paperclay Design team, and a blogger for DecoArt. I strongly believe in giving back. I volunteer at Scrap Denton Creative Reuse Center where I teach workshops, art camps, and perform art demos. I am very passionate about mixed media art and helping others discover their creativity. 





 Follow My Altered Life's blog page
 My Altered Life's Pinterest addiction

Don't forget to stop by on March 31st for our blog hop. You can see what a creative design team The Robin's Nest  has. We will be creating with a recipe theme and there will be prizes!!




4 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute! Cute! I love how you put the layers on the tag! And the cute girl and her outfit!!

Tonya said...

Fun tag! Love how everything is layered!

frezja said...

nice tag :)

LisaM said...

Super cute tag!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...