Saturday, March 21, 2015

Altered Shoe Box

Hello,  I m Ann from the Chattering Robin's Nest Altered Items Design Team and the blog AnnMakes.   Before I fell in love with paper crafting and mixed media I used to have a love thing for shoes!  Yup, that was many years ago.  Fast forward a couple of kids and decades later and well I spend so much money on my always growing boys' feet that I just save what I can and put it towards craft supplies instead!



Today I have this altered Artist Trading Block that I made into a small gift box.




I used this chip board Artist Block from.  I painted it a lovely shade of pink on the inside, to match the shoes.



I assembled the block and left the top open.  I covered the block with lovely papers from the Robin's Nest and I used some adhesives to secure it all in place.  I used some metallic dew drops to decorate the flower and the exclamation point.




 I also used four of the same Dew Drops as the little feet of the box.   I used some Rosy straw also available from Robin's Nest, to decorate the flower. I used the same Rosy Straw to hold the shoes together.  To do so I pierced little holes into the shoes with a paper piercer and threaded the straw, then I glued that to the back of the flower embellishment.


Products used from and available at the Robin's Nest shop:
Rosy Straw
Rosy Cards
Rosy Chevron Card Stock
Pink Zebra Glitter Card Stock

Other products:
Beacon adhesives
Acrylic pink craft paint
Chipboard Gina's Designs
Felt flower
Plastic toy shoes

Come back March 31 and see what the Design Team has "Cooked up"!  We are all sharing our takes on "Recipes", it will be fun!



Thanks for stopping by today, don't forget to check out my blog:  http://annmakes.blogspot.com.



3 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute!! I love your colors and idea :)

LisaM said...

Cute box Ann!

Betsy Skagen said...

What a fabulous ATB!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...