Saturday, February 28, 2015

Hello Sunshine

Good Morning!


When I saw the Saffron Honey collection I knew I needed to create my next mixed media piece.
 I love the subdued yellows in this collection.



I started out by tearing and arranging pieces of the saffron honey cardstock.

and some scraps of dictionary pages and cracked cardstock I already had on a 10 x10 canvas.




I attached the sheets with a light molding paste. I let the molding paste fill up the open areas too.





 I painted in the open areas with a transparent yellow iron oxide and randomly dripped black, caramel, ginger, and sunshine yellow alcohol ink and let it drip down the canvas.



I created flowers by taking zipper pieces and gluing them in a circular pattern with Beacon
Fabri-Tac adhesive.I then took black string beads and added then around the flowers. for the center of the flower I used honey passion archival seeds .









The honey bee netting and the ephemera card came from Saffron Bee Die Cuts

and the Saffron Cards.




I rounded out the piece using a bottle cap art piece and some filmstrip.


I had so much fun incorporating The Robin's Nest ® Saffron Honey Collection into my newest piece of mixed media art.

I want to invite you all to join us at The Robin's Nest ® blog hop at the end of March. It will be so much fun and prizes too!!

Shari

I have been creating art for as long as I can remember. I studied graphic design in Portland,Oregon before moving to Denton, Texas and putting all my focus on mixed media art. In addition to being on The Robin's Nest Design Team, I am an article writer for mixed media art, on the Creative Paperclay Design team, and a blogger for DecoArt. I strongly believe in giving back. I volunteer at Scrap Denton Creative Reuse Center where I teach workshops, art camps, and perform art demos. I am very passionate about mixed media art and helping others discover their creativity. 
 Follow My Altered Life's blog page
 My Altered Life's Pinterest addiction


9 comments:

Terri Sproul said...

what a fun project - those seeds are really cool

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Awesome job Shari!! I love the colors!

Tonya said...

Beautiful canvas Shari! Love the pops of color!

LisaM said...

Gorgeous canvas Shari! Loving this new collection!

Jess M said...

I think the Saffron collection might be my favorite.

Robin O'Crowley said...

So fun!

Bev Code said...

fabulous colour combo..great project

Betsy Skagen said...

This is so pretty. Thank you for providing useful tips in your tutorial.

frezja said...

loool, I love your flowers! are amazing, lol :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...