Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Friendship Cards

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today using my left over scraps from assorted papers from the Robin's Nest. 

We all have scraps we don't want to throw away, so why not use them?  I hate to throw away scraps so I decided to create some cards with diagonally cut strips of pattern papers.




I've used the following papers:
Pink Glitter Cardstock
Red Glitter Paisley Cardstock
Cindy Lou Swirl Glitter Cardstock
Pink Glitter Swirl
Vanilla Swirl Glitter Cardstock



Simply cutting your scraps into triangular pieces you can create any number of cards.  I inked each piece with brown ink before adhering them to a larger scrap of cardstock.  This added a nice contrast to the papers I was using.  Once I had the look I was going for, I adhered each piece, then simply cut away the excess before adhering the panel to  Red Glitter Paisley Cardstock.

A simple sentiment was stamped on a scrap of Pink Glitter Swirl and several dew drops were added alongside.  The sentiment was added to the bottom.



I changed the angle of this card and stamped a circular sentiment on a scrap of Pink Glitter Swirl and Red Glitter Paisley Cardstock.  I placed the sentiment where the pieces joined.  Then I placed assorted dew drops radiating from the sentiment.





So, how will you use your beloved scraps today?

Thanks for stopping by today.

6 comments:

Tonya said...

Love how you used up your scraps on your cards! Great job!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I love your sunshine rays!! Beautiful cards! I have stashed too, great way to use them :)

Terri Sproul said...

i love the way you used the papers for these cards.

Robin O'Crowley said...

I love the color combo! Such beautiful cards.

LisaM said...

Beautiful cards and I love that you used scraps!

Bev Code said...

love the sunburst...so cool

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...