Thursday, February 5, 2015

Friends Forever

Hey, crafty peeps! It's Ro back with you today to share my latest project.

It has been said that life is like photography, we use the negatives to develop. In keeping with that theme, I knew I wanted to make a friendship card featuring a photograph of a couple of quirky old ladies. I found the perfect photo on my internet search and created this fun card.


I started with an A2 card base and added a layer of the luscious Discovery Girl glittered cardstock. The delicate glittered flowers were a perfect background for the black and white photo. I cut out a couple of the postcards from the Wedding Words cardstock and selected some Dew Drops for accents.



Using my Silhouette Cameo, I cut a photo frame fashioned after the old Polaroid pictures and framed the ladies.



I grabbed a bright pink feather and a decorative paper clip from my stash to add a little color highlight. I then stamped the "friends" sentiment onto bright pink cardstock and coated it with some glossy glue. Once it dried, I cut out the circle and adhered it on top of some decorative trim.


I hand journaled the sentiments on the postcards I cut from the Wedding Words cardstock and adhered one on the front and one on the inside.

A few Dew Drops added a little interest to the card.


The outside of the card reads: We will be friends forever.
Inside it says: You know all my secrets.


I hope you enjoyed this fun little card today and have found some inspiration for your projects.

See you soon!








Robin's Nest Supplies Used:


Other supplies used:
Photo (internet); Photo Frame (Silhouette); Friends Stamp (Gina K. Designs - Bold Flowers); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Adhesive; Glossy Accents (Stampin' Up!).

7 comments:

Tonya said...

Love your quirky and vintage feel of your card! Great job!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Your card is perfect! I love the quirky ladies! Great job Ro!

Ann Strecko Koeman said...

Love it and sharing this with my girl friends!

Betsy Skagen said...

This is just fun!

Robin O'Crowley said...

Oh Ro, I love it!

LisaM said...

Such a fun card Ro!

Bev Code said...

fabulous card

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...