Saturday, February 28, 2015

Every girl wants to be a ballerina





I always wanted to dance.  For years I took dancing lessons.  Ballet was one year only. Jazz and tap I did for over 12 years.  I even took swing dance lessons when I was in my 20's.  I will let you in on a secret- I am not a good dancer.  I kept at it hoping one day it would click... I didn't.  My sister is the dancer in the family.  She competed for years.  So instead of dancing I read and I craft.  Today I crafted some dancing shoes.

I started by cutting my shoes out of the Glitter Cardstock for the tops and the Wedding Cut Outs Cardstock was used for the soles. I cut tiny notches all around the tops to make it easier to glue them to the soles.  I just used the hot glue gun for this part.  I made a little line of glue and folded a few tabs.  If you try and glue the whole thing at once it won't work(just a hint, perhaps I tried this method).









Once the shoes were glued it was time to decorate.  I used the Tender Teal Archival Seeds to go all around the edge of the shoes.  Next,I pulled some flowers out of my stash and the doilies you find in the Azure Bike Die Cuts.  I added these to the toes of the shoes.







Now the insides were looking pretty plain.  I took a plastic ballerina cake topper and gave her a makeover. The Azure Ribbon set comes with two gorgeous ribbons.  Both were used on her skirt and her bodice.  A Metallic Silver Dew Drop was added to finish her look.  Now she's pretty enough for these shoes.  Pearl trim covered up any glue issues on the soles.



I made a little banner out of the Glitter Cardstock and added a sentiment.  The rest of the Azure Ribbon was added to the inside of the shoes to look like laces and the top for the ankle ribbon.  A large bow completes the shoes.






 I can't dance, but I can make a pretty pair of dancing shoes!
Hope you like them.  Pop by my blog to see what else I have been up to.
Jess


14 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

These are fantabulous!! You must have been dreaming of dancing when you though of these, and they are perfect! Dreams really do come true :) great job!

Robin O'Crowley said...

So adorable! We all want to be dancers when we are girls! I'm not a dancer either, but love to craft too!

Creative M said...

WOW!! Elegant, Stunning & so BEAUTIFUL!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Terri Sproul said...

so so cute...

Elaine Ruiz said...

You are such a amazing artist💗💐💗

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

So so beautiful! Now I'm inspired to make them too!

Bev Code said...

Omg STUNNING and fabulous colouring

LisaM said...

Beautiful!

Lastochka said...

Always wanted to be a dancer!! Fantastic work!

Tonya said...

Love the colors! Love the details! Love the design of your project! Over the top gorgeous! <3

Danie May said...

Jess this project is just delightful and inspiring.....I love all the beautiful details. xx

Betsy Skagen said...

Jess, these are so wonderful! I just love them.

Jess M said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I makes me want to go dance in the kitchen. Everyone knows the kitchen is where you can dance and no one can judge!

frezja said...

great idea :) and fantastic colour combo :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...