Saturday, February 7, 2015

Altered Photo Album

Ann here today with an altered photo album.  I like to use inexpensive photo albums to store my rubber unmounted stamps and my clear ones too.  Actually, I repurpose photo albums to organize many different types of supplies.  I just can't leave the albums as they are, I HAVE to spruce them up.  Being that I get to work with such beautiful papers from The Robin'sNest I am excited to now have some really pretty storage albums.


Ok, so first I started with this ho hum pocket photo album.  The pockets are the perfect size for this particular collection of stamps I own.


I found the cover itself quite slippery and hard to work with.  I decide to cover it in an old school fashion, with kraft paper.  I use this technique in other areas of my studio to cover up ugly cardboard boxes.  Now I am slowly going around and adding the Robin's Nest papers and Dew Drops to all of them!


I cut two sheets of 12 x12 Admiral Daisy Glitter Linen Cardstock paper to just cover within a quarter of an inch the front and back cover. I love flowers and chose to show the flower print side.


I made corners from the same paper, but showcasing the stripes side.


I used Journal Tags to make a Label for the front cover, where I will later write exactly which stamps are in that album.


I added some Dew Drops,Winter Retreat Dew Drops,
in a flower design on the two corners and four Dew Drops (From the same collection) around the label.





I punched two flowers from the scraps.  I used my label maker to make a title for the spine (in the same font and style of titles I use elsewhere in my storage).  Finally, I glued the little paper flowers to the spine and added a couple more Winter Retreat Dew Drops.





Supplies:

The Robin's Nest:(products are hi-lighted and can be clicked to bring you directly to shop)
Admiral Daisy Glitter Linen Cardstock
Journal Tags
Winter Retreat Dew Drops

Self Sticking kraft type packaging paper
Label making machine
Small flower punch
Double sided tape adhesive
Strong liquid adhesive

I hope I have inspired you to create something pretty and useful.  Thank you so much for stopping by today, and come by my blog at Annmakes.blogspot.com to see what else I am up to.  Until next time, happy altering!

4 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute book, I love how you did the corners, I would not have thought of that :)

LisaM said...

Super cute project!

Tonya said...

Great idea for repurposing photo albums! Great job!

Bev Code said...

super project.. great job

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...