Friday, February 13, 2015

A Big Block of Love for My Valentine



Happy Valentines Day!! 



I am so excited to be sharing with you my Valentine block of love featuring The Robin's Nest®  wedding cut outs cardstock , red teardrops  and silver dew drops.


Look how cute the wedding cut out cardstock is.

 I cut out 4 of my favorite quotes that would fit on a 4x4 wooden block. I used a pink distress marker to fill in a few of the words and some of the letters.


 I cut 1 3.5 x 3.5 chalkboard cardstock for the top and a different chalkboard pattern for the 4 sides. I used a distress tool for the edges. I then applied a pink distress ink to all of the edges.


 I painted the block black. When dry, I applied a Matte finish Mod Podge to one side of the block and to the back of the chalk cardstock background. Press into place and let dry. Do the same to the remaining sides and top.



 














 



I applied the quotes to the block, then covered the entire side with Mod Podge to seal everything in . Do the same for the remaining sides.



  The final touches: I glued small silver dew drops, red teardrops, and red wooden hearts to the top. (scattered effect) I glued large silver dewdrops to the top corners of each side. I nailed on Foundations metal box feet to all 4 corners. I painted a wooden bird red and highlighted it using white and grey paint, then used hot glue to attach it to the top. I used a small silver dewdrop for the eye of the bird.  I had a  premade red glitter styrofoam heart which I attached red wire, a silver key, then inserted it into a small clay pot I painted using florists foam.


 

















Thank you SO much for taking the time to share a few moments of your day with me. 
 I hope that everyone has a wonderful Valentines day!   

Excuse me while I dig into that big box of chocolates. 

Shari 
 
I have been creating art for as long as I can remember. I studied graphic design in Portland,Oregon before moving to Denton, Texas and putting all my focus on mixed media art. In addition to being on The Robin's Nest Design Team, I am an article writer for mixed media art, on the Creative Paperclay Design team, and a blogger for DecoArt. I strongly believe in giving back. I volunteer at Scrap Denton Creative Reuse Center where I teach workshops, art camps, and perform art demos. I am very passionate about mixed media art and helping others discover their creativity. 






6 comments:

Lastochka said...

Amazing project and good instructions!

Ann Strecko Koeman said...

just love it

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute! Love the sayings too :)

Tonya said...

Cute ATB block and Happy Valentine's Day!

Robin O'Crowley said...

Cute box!

Bev Code said...

super cute box.. great combo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...