Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Best Things in Life...

Hello.  Ann here today with an Altered Art project using fabulous Robin's Nest products.  I love altering things, if it is not breathing or nailed down (well I have been known to alter things that are bolted, ha ha ha) I can alter it!  The following canvas proves my point:







Supplies:
The Robin's Nest scrapbook papers:(Flame Swirls,Honeycomb fleur, Glitter Numbers,  Chili, and Herringbone
The Robin's Nest  original dew drops:Tear drops
Square canvas 5" x 5" (altered canvas purchased from Value Village)
Crafter's acrylic Paint in Light antique white
 Water based glue sealer
 Brown Ink
Liquid glue
Sanding block (Dollar Tree)
Double sided adhesive
Semi-hard pastels
Embossing tools
Cutting blade/knife
solvent ink in black
Punches/ Die makers Hearts, small 5 petal flower, and puzzle shape   Butterfly  8 petal bloom,Large 5 petal flower Blossom
Stamp
 Glue Dots--/extra large

Instructions (or what I remember doing):

1.  I bought this sad looking little canvas at the thrift store for about 50 cents.  How could I go wrong?  Well, it needed to be altered.  So I first painted it over with a couple coats of acrylic crafting paint, and let it dry.




2.  I gathered some of my favourite punches (dies or shape makers) and those beautiful Robin's Nest papers. First, I punched out enough Puzzle shaped pieces with the "Honeycomb ..." paper to cover the canvas.  Next,  I punched out a whole bunch of flowers, some hearts, and butterflies.




3.  I inked the edges of the shapes with some distress inks. Let those dry.




4.  I glued the puzzle shapes onto the painted canvas using some Mod Podge and let it dry.  (Sorry, picture was accidentally deleted :()

5.  I dry brushed some  more of the Almost white paint, pushing and pulling paint on and off with a wipe until I was pleased with the shabby look.  I added some ink to the edges and corners.

6.  Once dry I stamped on the face and added some colour with pastels.




7.  I typed out the quote on my computer, printed it, and cut and glued(with my Xyron sticker maker) to some red card stock.  I cut that down and adhered to the canvas with some liquid Tombow Mono glue.  I chose this glue because of the different layers of ink, paint and papers.



8.  I glued on Dew Drops and Tears with some Dew Dew Drops on the flat surfaces.  For the bumpier surfaces I used the Tombow. I also used Scotch 3M Glue dots for the hearts.






Well I had fun making this project and I thought this quote by Helen Keller was appropriate.  I hope I have inspired you to go alter something and make new art.  Thank you for stopping by.  Please, stop by my blog:  Annmakes to see the other projects I am working on.




5 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute cute! I love the whole project! Your details are wonderful!

Tonya said...

Love the color and design of your altered canvas! Awesome job'

Lastochka said...

Love your alter project!

frezja said...

beautiful project!!!!!! loool Ann, lool :)

LisaM said...

Amazing details on this beautiful work of art!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...