Saturday, January 31, 2015

Prize Ribbons

Don't you wish you could give someone a prize ribbon just because they are fun or kind? Well now you can! Jess here to show you how to make these cuties.  
Cut your Men's Plaid Compass CardstockTulip Wheels Cardstock, and Honeycomb Fleur Cardstock into 1/2 inch strips that are 6 inches long.  

Use double stick tape to fold the ends into the middle.  

Once all your strips are taped use a tiny stapler to attach them into a cross shape.  

When they are all stapled layer them up so you can see the different layers.  Attach the layers using a strong double stick tape or hot glue.  I used hot glue. 

Make a rosette and attach it to the top of your ribbon and add your focal image.  Take bits of ribbon and glue them to the back.  


Cover the back with another circle of Men's Plaid Compass Cardstock to cover any glue bits.  Add a pin back and voila! Fantastic prize ribbons to give to your buds just for being awesome.  

I love how these two ribbons look so different but I used the same cardstock for both.  It just depends on how you build your layers and which side of the paper you highlight.  
Hope you try your hand at making prize ribbons! Stop by my blog tomorrow to see some jumbo ribbons I made.
Jess






9 comments:

Robin O'Crowley said...

How special one would feel to get a ribbon just for! Great idea!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute cute idea!! I love this idea :) great job Jessica!

Tonya said...

What a fun idea!!! Love it!!! <3

Lastochka said...

Great idea!! Love it!

Elaine Ruiz said...

I love it they're absolutely adorable I'm going to be making these things for your inspirationđź’—

K Andrew Designs said...

Haha love it!!! I think I'll make some just for fun for my fellow art teachers

LisaM said...

Such a fun idea!

Betsy Skagen said...

Fun idea Jess!

Bev Code said...

super project...too cute

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...