Saturday, January 3, 2015

Pretty in Pink Canvas Panel


I am so excited to be bringing you my first post with the design team! I chose to make a small altered canvas for you today.
I started with choosing my focal image from the Lodge Cutout Cardstock.
I roughed up the edges and then ran some brown ink around to age it a bit.  
Next I added the rub-on quote from the Viva set. 
Now it's time to give the canvas panel some color.  I went with a soft pink and tea dye.  
I kept layering until I was happy with the color.  While that was drying I started to work on making the layers to go under the bird panel.  Yep, that's a coaster under there.  I love to use coasters for layering.  They are easy to cut and are just the right thickness for an added layer.  
I used the back side of the  Wedding Cut Outs Cardstock on top of the coaster.  Once glued to the coaster I used brown ink on the edges again.  
A little Summer Pink Glitter Cardstock goes right on top.  And yes, I inked those edges too.  
I popped the bird layer up with some foam tape. 
My rose was made using the Discovery Girl Glitter Cardstock.
The petals were made using the Khaki Glitter Cardstock.  
For the final touches I used the Viva rub on flourish.  I burnished it really hard to get it to stay right on the canvas.  I dyed seam binding using the same colors I used to color the panel.  The three Metallic Silver Dew Drops were colored with an alcohol ink to match the ribbon.  I edge the rose with glitter, which really helped the glitter in the cardstock pop.  

There you have it! I hope you enjoyed today's post.  






7 comments:

Tonya said...

So shabby chic! Love the softness of your project! Great job!

LisaM said...

So soft and pretty!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Great job! I love all of the popping, the combination that you used, and I especially loved the dying of the Dew Drops, you will have to teach us how:) Love it!

Ann Strecko Koeman said...

So pretty!

Lastochka said...

Lovely shabby work!

Robin O'Crowley said...

Very beautifully done, love your flower

Betsy Skagen said...

So glad you joined the team. You make a great first impression!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...