A decorative Bust.
This year at CHA, we were asked to make an item to be auctioned off at the Gala. The proceeds went towards Children and the Arts, of course we wanted to make something Gala worthy, so this is what I came up with... With the help of my family :).
I started with a plain bust I found at Pier 1, a fun store to walk through. She is about 3' tall and covered in a soft canvas material. I really liked the fleur on top too, it gives it a classy feel.
Using The Robin's Nest Obsidian Diamond Dew Drops and The Best Glue Ever, I placed the diamonds in a row following the bottom seam of the fabric. I also decided that I wanted to just Dew Drop the front section of the bust, and would see where that lead me. I drew a line of glue from seam to seam and added the Diamonds.
To add a break in the monotony of the lines I added a Mini Gold Dew Drop, which also helped when the lines of the Diamond Dew Drops did not line up in a maticulous row. (Mistakes are always easily covered up).
Here is a good look after several rows have been glued. This really doesn't take a lot of time, just a little patience getting the rows to be straight.
And another view...
I decided to stop here with the diamonds because it has a look of a "Little Black Dress". From here, I was trying to incorporate some paper products, and I tried a few different ideas, here is one example, which was scrapped...
Ultimately, I decided to go with a paper scarf made with Gold Paisley Cardstock. My mom did this for me :). She took 2 sheets of the Gold Paisley Cardstock, ran it under water, and crumpled it up. She then meshed it together in a scarf. In Cortney's tool/extra parts drawer, we found gold "pin" thingies and we secured the scarf with them... What a perfect surprise! We also added more "paper" scarf at the bottom, to match top to bottom.
I do not have a picture of the back, but at the bottom, we put our motto "We Create to Inspire" in cursive letters at the bottom of the hem, along with our egg logo.
I had some junk gold junk jewelry that we had acquired from an action, it matched perfectly! I used the necklace as the belt and the bracelet as the necklace. We also added an additional necklace to enhance the neckline.
Sadly, this is the only picture I have of the final project, just before we left for CHA, so if the person who won the auction of this would be willing to share a better pic, I would gladly share it with you, :).