Saturday, January 17, 2015

Altered Victorian Travel Journal

Hi everyone, 
Jess here today and I'm back with a fun altered project for you.
I found a stack of these small composition books at my local thrift store and knew they would be perfect to make pretty.  





The notebook is small as you can see from the dimensions printed right on there.  I got a bag of 6 for a dollar.  Woot! 

I started by layering on my Blue Fleur Cardstock.  I used both sides of the paper since they coordinate so nicely.  Even though you don't see it here, the back is covered too.  

I added on a couple bits I had in my stash.  The big tag is from Jolees. I'm not sure where the small blue ticket is from.  The top ticket is from the Lodge CutOuts Cardstock.

I added some brown ink to everything and used washi tape to cover the black edge of the notebook.  


To finish it off I used Glacier Diamond Dew Drops down the edge and to keep track of what page I'm on I used one of the Princess Paper Clips.  I used my spray ink to color the clip blue.  Once it was dry I glued on my cameo.  
There you go! A tiny Victorian looking travel journal.  

 Thanks for looking.  Stop by my blog to see what else I have been up to.
Jess



6 comments:

Tonya said...

Jess, what an awesome mini notebook you created! I love making these too!

Terri Sproul said...

what a great idea, could have used this last week

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute! I love the layers, and the fluer Cardstock is perfect with the cameo, great job!

Elaine Ruiz said...

I love it!!!! You are so inspiring!!!!

Betsy Skagen said...

So pretty. I love the French countryside look.

frezja said...

so pretty :) great work :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...