List of supplies used:
Letter "A" from Dollarama
Papers, Dew Drops, Dew Dew Glue : The Robin's Nest
Metal die Quilled flowers by Cuttlebug (Provocraft)
Black Flair pen Papermate
Acrylic paint in Almost White by Deco Art
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Squeezed Lemonade by Ranger
Aleene's Tacky Glue (Duncan)
Mod Podge (Plaid®)
1. I painted the letter with a coat of paint all around and let it dry.
2. The papers I used are all pieces and scraps of Robin's Nest Papers I had used in other projects. I tore some pieces into smaller pieces and glued all of them with some Mod Podge onto the letter.
3. Once dry I dry brushed some of the same paint over the whole letter, wiping away the extra. I played around with the brush to pull and push the paint to achieve a more uniform and distressed look. I let the paint dry.
4. With a black pen I drew stitching lines around the edges of certain pieces of paper to make it look like a patch quilt.
5. To antique the project a bit more I used a sponge and some yellow ink here and there.
6. I made the flowers by using a steel die for making quilled flowers by Cuttlebug and some pieces of Robin's Nest paper scraps. The die cut the paper into slotted strips which I folded and quilled (Wrapped) into the flower shapes. I glued some metallic Dew Drops to the centres.
7. Finally I decorated the letter "A" with the paper flowers, some Dew Drops, Diamonds, and a few Butterflies (All from Robin's Nest).
I hope that you are now inspired to create your own project. Thank you for reading my post and please come visit me at my blog: Annmakes and see what else I am up to.