Tuesday, November 18, 2014

It's a Blue Christmas

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with some more traditional Christmas cards.  Earlier this month I created some Christmas cards with non traditional colors.

I used the Winter Deer Glitter Cardstock for this gate fold card.  One side of this paper is blue and white striped while the other is the deer swirls.

 
I created a 5 1/2" gate fold card from white cardstock and used both sides of the cardstock on top.  The striped side is a nice contrast to the deer swirls.  Centering the deer, I die cut a smaller portion for the front of my card as well as the corner of the interior.
 



To add a bit more depth, I added navy cardstock behind the center panel on the inside as well as to the exterior circles on the front panel.

 
 
In keeping with the blue theme, check out this Snowman card.  He was so much fun to create!!!
 
 
 
 
The card was created from dark gray cardstock and I added Blue Glitter Cardstock on top.  The words were cut from the Winter Words Glitter Cardstock.  This paper makes for a great scrapbook page, but I wanted to use the words on a card.  I added some brown ink around the edges for some depth, then using a Glitter Snowman., I added the words to embrace him on the card.
 


Last, but not least, I added Early Dawn Dew Drops for the snowman's buttons and then created a snowflake with  Piano Tear Drops in the corner. 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Steph

8 comments:

Diane - dCipollo Designs said...

Love the different styles

Tonya said...

Love the wintery feel of your cards! Great job!

Robin O'Crowley said...

So adorable, love how you spotlighted the reindeer

LisaM said...

Beautiful cards!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the feeling of warmth that comes with them :) great job!!

Joan said...

Two wonderful cards - very pretty!!!

Lastochka said...

Very cool cards!

Penny Lee said...

Stunning cards...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...