Sunday, November 23, 2014

Holiday Fun

Hi everyone! It's me, Tonya and I'm here to share my project I created for the Robin's Nest using the Christmas Collection. Also the altered art design team is cross promoting with Walnut Hollow. I picked the Contemporary Memory Album as my project to alter and this is what I came up with.



First off I did some sanding and then I watered down some Sable Brown Acrylic Paint to create a wash which I sponged over all pieces of the album and then let dry.


Once dry I attached the hinges to the album.


Now the fun part…decorating! I cut a 10"x10" square of Cindy Lou Dot Glitter Cardstock, inked edges and then adhered with Mod Podge to the cover of the album. Next I cut various squares and banners from Cindy Lou Swirl Glitter Cardstock and Wrap Glitter Cardstock and punched a doily from the Vanilla Fluer Glitter Cardstock with my Martha Stewart circle edge punch. I also punched a lacy border from the Irredescent Snow Glitter Vellum and finished off with some scraps of White on White Classic Glitter Swirl Cardstock from another project I had worked on. I arranged all pieces on album and once I had it the way I wanted I adhered all pieces down.


I also found this free Holiday Fun Digital Image while scouring the internet. I thought it added the perfect touch to the cover.


The packages I fussy cut from the Cindy Lou Presents Cardstock I added a little Stickles for some shimmer.


I finished off with tulle, paper flowers, buttons, pearl sprays, sequins and Metallic Gold Dew Drop. A side note the red twine is off of a bag of cat food and I thought it would work perfectly in my project. :-)
There you have it a very easy project that only takes a couple of hours. You can knock out several of these for a cherished Christmas gift.
If you have any questions please let me know and be sure to stop by the Robin's Nest to check their Christmas Collection and Walnut Hollow's Contemporary Memory Album.



Supplies Used:
Robin's Nest: Cindy Lou Dot Glitter CardstockCindy Lou Presents CardstockCindy Lou Swirl Glitter CardstockWrap Glitter CardstockIrredescent Snow Glitter VellumVanilla Fluer Glitter CardstockWhite on White Classic Glitter Swirl CardstockMetallic Gold Dew Drops
Other Supplies Used: Walnut HollowContemporary Memory Album, Martha Stewart Circle Edge Punch, Chalk Ink, Sable Brown Acrylic Paint, Paper Flowers, Red Twine, Sequins, Tulle, Buttons, Old Design Shop Holiday Fun Digital Image, Stickles,  Pearl Spray

Thanks for stopping by, hope your Sunday is awesome and enjoy creating!


6 comments:

Lastochka said...

Tonya, it is fantastic work!!

Robin O'Crowley said...

Beautiful Tonya

Joan said...

Great project - love the finished album!!!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

So so cute! I love how the album is so elegant! Great job!

Penny Lee said...

Stunning! Tonya!

Diane - dCipollo Designs said...

The large dots really make a statement - beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...