Friday, April 25, 2014

Listen to Your ART by Michelle Frae Cummings

Here's a piece I recently made for a upcoming Art Auction for a Charity Wings event!
I wanted to create something that was crazy messy yet beautiful and inspiring.
Enjoy!
 I started with a sturdy 12x12 chipboard square. This was my base.

I tore assorted papers and glued them in place.
Aquamarine Sorbet, Blue Raspberry, Blue Robins.




 I tore and layered more papers until the entire 12x12 chipboard was covered.
Purple Flowers, Purple Ants, Black on White Damask.




I drew a large heart onto white card stock, cut out and used this to trace in the center of my piece.


 With a dry brush, I randomly added white acrylic paint around the heart and on the torn paper.
Then I roughly added some shades of blue acrylic paint. 
 I wiped up excess paint with a damp cloth.  When I was finished with the blue paint, I began adding the shades of pinks and purples. Then I added some Diamond glaze to the heart, smeared some around with my finger and sprinkled a few silver micro beads.



I added some red sequins, Red Diamond Dew Drops and red glitters. I cut and placed a heart shaped Gold mesh on top, adding some diamond glaze to the hearts edges so the mesh would stay in place.
I placed the heart cut-out on top of the mesh before flicking some black ink spatters onto the painting.
 For the hearts wings, I folded a paper doily in half and half again. I cut out the center and glued the wings in place. I accented them with diamond glaze and assorted gold glitters.
The hearts tiara was created from foil tape on card stock, run through the big shot using a Spelbinders- Persian Accents die. Metallic Gold Dew Drops accented the tiara.
 I wanted to add bits of the color RED all around  to tie in with the paintings focal. So I added rhinestones and painted flowers. A pretty Birdcage die cut, a red butterfly with a Obsidian Diamond  for it's body. Dyed pom-pom trim at the bottom of the painting, a Glitter Mardi Gras mask 
with red rhinestones and a red satin ribbon.
  I crushed up strips of decorative tissue paper and applied with diamond glaze at the borders. I touched up the edges with Inka Gold.

First with white paint, then with a black pen, I wrote, "Listen to Your Art".
lastly I added doodles and swirls all over the painting.
Thanks for coming by, I  hope you have enjoyed my painting.
Michelle Frae Cummings



5 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

This is so very cool! I love your heart art!,

Tonya said...

Love how you created the tiara and wings. Awesome project for a great cause!!!

Cely said...

this is so cool! love the bold colors!

Robin O'Crowley said...

Very fun Art journaling

Lee Brehon said...

Wow, this is creative and cheerful. Well done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...