Usually the theme is the Holiday for the following month.
In this case, the theme is Valentines Day.
I might have anywhere from 3-6 people depending on everyone's schedules.
We have it on a Monday night 6:30pm- to 7:30pm.
I provide light refreshments, cookies and hot tea.
If this is your first time thinking of a card swap, here is how I do it.
Our group is on Shutterfly (Free!) there they can rsvp their spot to participate.
Please join us for some card making fun!
For those of you new to our card swaps, here is the premise:
- Make 1 card. See "theme" on event title.
- Clip this card to the outside of a shoe box as your example.
- Pre-cut any cards/paper, wet/dry embossed add ons, and cut out all the pieces needed.
- Include in your box, stamps, ink, pop dots/foam tape,ribbon, tools and other embellishments.
- Place kits in baggies for easy location and make enough for 6 people plus extras in case someone makes a mistake or has time to make a second card.
- Make sure assemblage of card is no more than 10 minutes!
- Please include envelopes to match your cards as some people want to use these right away. :)
- Small Scissors
- wet adhesive and double stick tape.
- Craft sheet or work mat if you have one. I will share what I have.
Only 6 people can attend.
Putting everything into bags, keeps them neat.
The heart strips are 1 ½ x 5 ½. The music sheet strips are 1" x 5 ½.
Place everything into a shoe box. Clip your finished (example) card to the front.
Here I will show the ladies how to use the border punch.
Two Lips Tear Drops
Valentine Stripe Cardstock