Thursday, April 11, 2013

Daisy Days Blog Hop

Daisy Days Blog Hop



I am so excited about this blog hop, I have been sneak peaking the design team for the last few days and their projects are incredible!!  Please take the time to leave a comment on each of their blogs, you have the opportunity to win a prize on each of their blogs, but you must post on each one.

My Project is an upcycled frame that I found while cleaning out the rental home of one of my friends.  I sanded it, sprayed it with one of our future paints that we are testing (watch for it soon), and and then added dew drops. The windows are our brick cardstock, and of course, I used our "loves me" cardstock.



To make this flower, I made a large dab of Helmar 450 Glue and allowed it to dry for about 30 minutes.  When the glue was semi-sticky I placed the tear drops in a flower pattern, then I put more in the center.  I topped the center off with a mini pink dew drop.



In the center of the frame, I created the same flowers, and drew a line with the glue and placed the dew drops on the line to make a "viney" stem.  Really easy to do, just have a small pile of dew drops next to the glue line and push them on with a toothpick or embellie jellie.

My daughter also made a project that I decided make a project, so we are sharing it too.  I hope that you do not mind.  She repurposed a picture frame into a tray for the summertime.



Chelsea took diamond shaped dew drops and lined them up in a rainbow pattern.  She used the Best Glue Ever.  She then took flowers and glued them to the sides and adorned them with dew drop centers.  She cut out a butterfly and covered it with diamonds too.  She them made handles and covered them with ribbons.  I am not sure if we can really use this for a tray to carry things with because it is so darn cool.  



Here is the side view so you can see the rainbow better, the reflection of the light is always very helpful.


Please take leave a comment after seeing all of the other projects, they are super cool!!

Have a fabulous hop!

Rachel & Chelsea

Now remember!  Each Blog will give a prize package "Daisy Package" valued at $15 which includes: Tear drops, paper, and embellishments. 1 Grand Prize will get $25 toward the on-line store, winner will be picked by Rachel on the Robin Nest Blog. The winner of each of the blogs along the way will be picked by each design team member The winner will be posted the Sunday April 21st on the TRN blog(www.chatteringrobins.blogspot.com).

You MUST leave a comment on each blog to win.

Have fun and Good Luck!






39 comments:

Genevive said...

Exciting!!! I cant wait to welcome everyone in my blog :))) btw, this is such a beautiful project. i got a lot of awesome ideas! :)

Robin O'Crowley said...

I love the dimension of your daisy's made with the dew drops, also love Chelsea's rainbow made with the diamond drops, these are such great ideas

Tonya said...

WOW!!! I love all the little details in both projects. I would have never thought to use the diamond dew drops that way. Thanks so much for sharing :-)

Brenda Burfeind said...

GReat Job. Love The Ideas

Alice Charles said...

Great projects :))

Marília Lopes said...

WOW... great projects!!!

Clare D. said...

I love these flowers! The multi petal tear drop one is so fab!

Dawn Barrett said...

Oh wow...Both projects are fabulous. I love the tip about the helmar glue. I will be trying that very soon. And, I enjoyed your daughter's enmbellished project. I am amazed by how well she lined up all the dew drops!! Esp. the diamonds! You two are a dynamic duo!

juscrap said...

Wow! The projects is stunning!

Dianne W said...

Loved your projects - thanks for sharing!

reflections:0) said...

Both are just awesome!

Flexie:0)

Lynda Jeffs said...

What a great set of projects! Love altered/recycled projects for sure!

Debi Minter said...

I loved both projects!!! What a great idea to use a large picture frame as a tray!!! Totally inspired!

Sandra Strait said...

What a gorgeous rainbow of a project!

Michelle H. said...

Love your frame and your flowers are so pretty!
Love the tray your daughter made so fun, clever & beautiful!

Beth said...

I love the frame and the way you made the flower. The tray is also very nice. I love the fun summer themed and colors

Beth
baby.cowgirl88 at yahoo dot com

Giavanna Lau said...

Thank you for introducing me to "dew drops"- I didn't think there was a product that I didn't know about.Both projects are lovely and I especially love the rainbow.

Amy#8546(TheTigersHaven) said...

Oh...I love these. your frame is so pretty. Wonderful job. Off to hop around and see more beautiful eye candy.

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Love how the tray turned out!

Embley Veronica said...

Did you name the hop Daisy Days after the Brownie event they used to do (and maybe still do) every year on the Girl Scouts' Founder's birthday? Super fun!

Pammejo said...

Great project, did the hop and was so inspired.

Camille Short said...

Another classic beauty!

Barbara Rankin said...

OMG, I love both of these projects. What a great idea for making those tiny flowers with dew drops, and the tray is fabulous. Reminds me of Italian mosaics.

Mandi said...

Love the dimension of the flowers. It looks like something that would cost a lot of money in a little boutique.

Sandra Caldwell said...

Lovely projects. I am learning a lot about just what you can do with journaling, scrapbooking, digi doodles, and the mixed mediums with visiting the blog hops. Thanks for sharing.

Debra Lovell said...

Wow! The flowers are cool! Your daughter did a great job as well! Awesome ladies! Thanks for the giveaway! "Happy Spring"

Cheryl said...

I LOVE both of these projects!! Very creative!!

Janis said...

Wow, these are really nice. I like the repurposed frame & the tray she made.
You both did a great job. This Blog hop is so cool being I get to see all these awesome projects. :)

TY Janis

Danie May said...

Wow Rachel two fabulous projects, I can see your daughter shares both your passion and talent. I love the wonderful dimension of your flowers and how you have up cycled your frame and Chelsea's Rainbow of Diamond Dew Drops is gorgeous! xx

Rhonda Helm said...

just love your picture frame. your flowers are so sweet. great tips on other ways to use your items. thanks.

Chelsea your tray is beautiful. love love love your rainbow.

Robin Horasanian said...

I love those little dew drop flowers. They catch the light and are just beautiful.

Wendy said...

Great projects Rachel

CTgirl said...

Wow, both projects are really great, but my fave is your daughter's fabulous rainbow tray - it is amazing!!
Thanks for the inspiration, looking forward to the Hop!
Hugs
Rene

Lynn B said...

Wonderful projects! Thanks for a chance to win.

marylouh said...

Great projects. I love the table with the rainbow design.

marylouh said...

forgot my address
txmlhl@yahoo.com

marylouh said...

Great hop. Left a comment on all of the pages except for Juraci. I only have LJ. Some comments disappeared and I hope they will show up eventually. Got some great ideas and saw some amazing projects.
txmlhl@yahoo.com

StampinCarol said...

Fun blog hop! Thanks to Camille for telling me about this. I LOVE those dew drops!!! And the projects are fabulous!!!

Lyneen said...

Love the flowers made with dew drops on this post!!!! What a fantastic hop!!! So many ideas and inspiration! THANKS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...