Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cousins ~ Easter Layout

This month at The Robin's Nest, we are featuring the Sorbet Glitter Collection.  These papers are a great base or accent for so many different types of projects.  Much like the Crackle Glitter papers we featured last month, these are so versatile.  They are an extra thick cardstock and while they have a tone on tone glitter design on one side, they have a solid matte finish on the other.  Make sure you visit The Robin's Nest website to check out these papers which are on sale this month for 20% off! We are also partnering with Gel-a-tins (link below).


                                               In this layout I used the following products:
 
Pink Glitter Alphabet Stickers (use the contact page on the website to order these)
 
I started this Easter layout by cutting my Sorbet Glitter Paper (Aquamarine - link above) to 8x8.  I "weathered it a bit by adding some watered down white paint on the edge and from the center out.  I then used other colors of the Sorbet Collection to tear strips and form a design behind my picture.I weathered the strips and the picture as well.  I used the Gel-a-tin stamps to emboss a butterfly which I fussy cut and painted with ink and a water brush.  I added some dew drops to the center for the body and some wire for antennae.  To finish it off I added a bit of baker's twine for dimension.  I hope you like it! Here are a few more pictures of my layout.
 
 


 
 
 Let me know what you think and be sure to check out The Robin's Nest website.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
~ Make Today Count
 
Wendy

6 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Iove this layout!! Your different dimensions are awesome! Great job Wendy!!

michelle hodges said...

Pretty LO!!
Love the design and love your butterfly!

Creative M said...

Very PRETTY!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Wendy said...

Thanks ladies!

Camille Short said...

Love this!

Tonya said...

Love the details of the butterfly!!! Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...