Friday, March 29, 2013

Not your normal Easter Eggs

So as you can see, these are not your normal Easter eggs! I wanted to try something different this year. Black is pretty different and you don't see many of them at stores.
I started by gathering plastic eggs that snap shut well.
I placed these outside in a newspaper lined box.



I sprayed them with krylon black outdoor spray paint.  This type of paint is good for re-purposing plastic chairs or outdoor toys. I sprayed them as shown below...waited a few minutes and came back to add more spray. If you try to spray them all over at once...first- it will get all drippy, and second, the blast of the spray can causes the eggs to move, touch, or topple. So waiting a minute or two helps them sorta "stick" to the newspaper in place as they dry.

Here they are after a few more coats.

I used a basic hand punch to make flowers from Pink Crackle, Glitter Blue Robin and Glitter Purple Daisy. I used Tombo adhesive for this project. By dotting the "dry" eggs with the glue and letting
it set a bit creates the 'perfect' tackiness to adhere the flowers and dew drops.

Dew drops used....Metallic Teal, Metallic Pink,  and Mini Gold dews.
Kinda makes for a nice change from the overly bright traditional eggs.
 Might work especially well for a teenager or a goth fan. :)
Mini Dew Drops and  the Crackle line are still on Sale for %20 off! - Expires March 31st, 2013.

Happy Easter!
- Michelle Frae Cummings

5 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very cool idea! My teens would like this too! Great job Michelle!

Bevy48 said...

Love them, I may even try it. TFS!!!!!

Robin O'Crowley said...

Absolutely adorable

Barbara Rankin said...

This is quite different, Michelle, but I think it turned out pretty and shows off the dew drops and paper very well. Pretty neat idea.

Tonya said...

What a fun idea!!! They look like real chocolate eggs. Thanks for sharing :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...