Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Lucky Charms

Wow, can you believe March is just around the corner? You know what that means . . . St. Paddy's Day is also just around the corner. My project today is in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day but reminding myself to focus on what's really important as we venture towards spring when all things are fresh and new.

In our family we have been struggling with sickness (passing it back and forth) for over a month; and I'll tell ya, it sure makes you remember now blessed you are that you are normally all well without any serious ailments with which to contend; and in that same thought to keep in our hearts and prayers those who are not blessed with similar health.

Our team was given the challenge to use the tear shaped dew drops this month in our projects. And, lucky you they are also the The Robin's Nest current sale. The tear shaped dew drops are 20% off this month. Be sure to check out the new shapes, sizes and colors! You can check out the store here to find these and other great products. Remember, sale time is always a good time to stock up. You only have until the end of the month to place your order.






In this project I used the tear shaped dew drops (link above) and the Clover Glitter Cardstock which I love, love, love.  I decided I was going to use the dew drops to create my rainbow as you can see below. However, when it was complete, the colors were just a little too bright for this project. So of course, in my usual way, I decided to grunge up my rainbow a bit. Then, once I did that . . . um GLITTER of course!



So here is my finished projects with a couple of close-ups. What have you created with dew drops lately? Share your projects with me, I'd love to post them on my blog.




Another item I used on this layout is the matte finish white alphabet sticker sheet.  You can't find them on the website but I know if you use the contact button (here) you can order them.  Here's what I like about them.  Because they are a matte finish, you can use just about anything to color them.  Unlike glossy alpha stickers you can buy in the stores and can only use permanent color, on these I have used chalk, marker (any kind), ink and watercolor (you can see marker, paint on watercolor on my picture below lol  - I'm messy).  So, even though there is no place to see these on the website, I would definitely give them a two thumbs up - two snaps and a twist! Use the link above to order.




Be sure to hop over to the Robin's Nest Website to check out the fab products. Keep checking back here for more great projects using Robin's Nest products!

Thanks for stopping by to check out my project!


~ Make Today Count

Wendy

12 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I am loving the grunge look!! Great job on everything! Hope your family gets better soon!

juscrap said...

soo beautiful!

Wendy said...

Thanks ladies!

Camille Short said...

What's better than a cheery rainbow made of Dew Drops! Awesome idea!

Robin O'Crowley said...

Very cool and creative!

Tonya said...

Colorful and a great use of dew drops!!! Super cute!!! Thanks for sharing :-)

Genevive said...

i love the techniques you used! and i hope all of u get completely well soon :) XOXO!

Wendy said...

Thank you so much (we are all on the mend but it's taking some time) ... Thank you ladies for the sweet comments!

michelle hodges said...

Very pretty!
Love it!

Danie May said...

Such a wonderful use of the tear drops and a fabulously fun St Patty's Day inspired page. xx

Brenda Burfeind said...

Great idea using the dew drops. Really thinking outside the box on that one.

Barbara Rankin said...

I love this layout, Wendy. Wonderul use of dew drops to make that gorgeous rainbow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...