Sunday, February 17, 2013

Brenda's Name Blocks


 
Good morning all, Brenda here again and welcome to another post by me for the Robin's Nest Design Team.  I've been so actively altering anything I can get my hands on.  Hubby just said he's gonna have to hide the cat and dog cuz I'll probably alter them soon.  Seriously though, I love making something out of nothing and here is a cute project I made for my granddaughter.  She turned 3 on New Year's Eve and I wanted to make her something for her room.  Her room is primarily pinks and purples and when I got these papers from the Robin's Nest I knew I needed to use them for Miss Bella.  


I cut a bunch of squares using my cricut out of the 2 different papers.  I used Plum Classic Glitter and since the Pink Classic Glitter is double sided with the Distressed Lavender on the other side, I got 3 different styles.
I started with some wooden blocks that I had gotten at Hobby Lobby and painted them black around the edges (no need to paint the whole block) and then mod podged the squares onto the wooden blocks.
 

I did ink the papers a bit with black ink also to really give it that 3d look.
Then I added the Pink Glitter Stickers with BELLA 
Then of course for further embellishment, I had to add the tear shaped dew drops.  
I added one to each of the non lettered sides and five on the tops of the letters so you could stack them on top of each other like this: 
or they can sit side by side like this:


 Thanks for stopping by the Robin's Nest blog and checking out all the fun stuff she has and I hope I've inspired you to create something from nothing.  I know I'm in heaven every time I start creating something with her papers.  Don't forget to check out all the designers here.  They do an amazing job and I look forward to sharing more projects with you next month.  You can always come see me here to see what else I dream up.  As always, have a great day and god bless.

5 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very cute project!

Creative M said...

Super Duper Cute !!!TFS

Camille Short said...

Fabulous Project!

Michelle H. said...

Very fun and creative project!

Tonya said...

What a super fun project and something that your precious little grand daughter can enjoy too! Thanks for sharing :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...