Thursday, January 3, 2013

Baby Girl Wishes from The Robin's Nest


Everything I love about making cards is in the Robin's Nest Baby Girls card kit I used to make this baby card . . . "to-die-for" colors, glittered cardstock, pretty stickers, and we can't forget the bling!  Today I want to share with you a simple baby card - in a couple different versions - one entirely made from the kit, the second adding Delicate Asters from Heartfelt Creations, this month's partner.



Supplies I used for this card include
  • Baby Girl Card Set (which includes) 
    • Little Girl Crown Glittered Cardstock
    • Pink Glittered Swirl on Pink Cardstock
    • Easter Dew Drops
    • Princess Paper Clips
    • Subway Art Baby Girl Stickers
    • Three embossed cards
    • Three Envelopes
  • Stamps:  Delicate Asters - Heartfelt Creations (2nd version)
  • Copic Marker - Light Suntan (E13)
I cut Pink Glittered Swirl Cardstock 5" x 3-1/2".  The bottom is trimmed with a border punch.  After distressing with brown ink, this piece was popped up on Pink Cardstock cut 5-1/4" x 4" - all matted on a white card base (5-1/2" x 4-1/4").
I then assembled a frame.  Cut a piece of white cardstock 3-1/2" x 2-1/2".  Use a craft knife to cut out a center piece slightly larger than your sentiment - in this case, 2-1/8" x 1".  I covered each side of the frame with strips of striped paper (Little Girl Crown Glittered Cardstock), beveling corners (and distressing each piece).
I centered the baby sentiment sticker in the middle of Pink Cardstock (4" x 2-3/4"), gluing this in the center of the card.  The assembled frame is pop-dotted over the sentiment.
To embellish the card, I cut two crowns from the Little Girl Crown Glittered Cardstock and added a Princess Paper Clip...as well as a nice line of Easter Dew Drops along the bottom.  To be sure my dew drops were evenly spaced, I taped a piece of cardstock across the card to use as a guide, as well as a ruler for spacing.
I like the clean classic look of this card...but couldn't help but wonder if adding flowers would make it more girlie-girlie.  So I added Delicate Asters (Heartfelt Creations) with a crown embellishment.  The Delicate Asters were stamped in brown on Pink Cardstock.  I used a Copic Marker to add light brown to the center of flowers...and Dew Drops for flower centers, of course.  

Let's not forget our envelope!  I added some Delicate Asters to the corner of the envelope and colored with Copic Markers to match the card.  Great thing about Heartfelt Creations Stamp/Die sets - making quick masks for multiple stamping.
Sweet, don't you think?

And know what's even sweeter?  Use the code cardkitpromo for 20% on Robin's Nest Card Kits and Tag Kits - offer good for the month of January.  Be sure to check out the website, because there are many more than just the Baby Girl Card Kit.  Enjoy!

Camille

5 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

These are very cute cards! I love your tutorial too!! Great job Camille!

michelle hodges said...

Very beautiful cards!
Love that you stamped on the envelope!

Robin said...

Such a cute way to show this kit, I love the diversity of your ideas.

Barbara Rankin said...

Love your card and envelope project, and the dimension you gave it. So nice. Good tips on lining up the dew drops, too.

Danie May said...

Camille this is just gorgeous! I love how you have layered and pieced all the papers together to frame your sentiment! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...