Monday, January 28, 2013

A Card, Some Tags and Flower Tutorials :)



Hello there everyone! Genevive here feeling overly thrilled for it's my turn to share with you how I turned this Baby Girl Card Kit into a simple but pretty card adorned with handmade flowers with a matching envelope too... plus two more tags. Hope you like what I have made for you. Read on!

"Pretty Girl"



Here is how I layered the flower cluster of this card:
  1. Mat the white card base with Water Color Distressed Lavender.
  2. Paste a doiley die-cut right at the middle of the card.
  3. Layer an organza bow, a stripe strip of paper from the kit, a bit of washi tape, tulle.
  4. Arrange and adhere the 3 handmade flowers on top.


And some close-ups of the rest of the details...



... at the top right portion of this card, I added a "pretty girl" on a white cardstock, and added glossy accent to add dimension and gloss... finished it with that pretty flower wooden peg :) so cute right?


... I have always been a dewdrops fan. You won't believe how much of it I have collected over the years.. and I have all the colors and sizes :) I love it because it's such so tiny but it is so useful for me especially that I love to make my very own embellishments such as what I did here... See how it gave that "finish" look to the flowers? I'm sharing a tutorial on how I did these at the bottom of my post so read on :)



... and of course, If there's a card, there must be an envelope!



... using my circle punches, I punched that cute crown and applied glossy accent for dimension... layered it on a bigger circle and a doiley die-cut.


"Find Joy Everyday"

Here are the two tags I made using this Outdoors tag kit. I'd like to show you that we can actually create a "pretty" look from an "outdoor" themed kit... just add ribbons, a handmade flower, these tiny dew drops at the center and finish it off with a sentiment from your stamp stash...




"Hello"

This is my fave of all the three projects I made. Saving the best for last? haha! I like how a somewhat manly tag morphed into a pretty green tag with the help of my border punch, some trims (i like that cream-gold trim that comes with the kit!) and the dewdrops of course...


.... another fun way to use dewdrops is to scatter them around like a confetti :)


... can you tell it's actually a camping tag there?


... oh so pretty rockstars ( yes I call them that! :))


Okay this is the last part of my post. Thanks if you are still there haha! Here's a very straightforward photo tutorial of how I did the flowers on my card and tags. You can duplicate these in any of your projects too....

1. Cut paper strips.
2. Apply glue on both ends and fold them in as shown in the photo.
3. Layer them all using a strong glue and hold them together till the glue is completely dry.
4. Punch a small circle from a paper that would go with the paper strips.


1. Cut a strip of paper. Score it (depends on how big you want your flower to be. For this I scored at every half an inch).
2. Fold in and out making a mini accordion.
3. Seal both ends.
4. Gather or flatten (not sure about the term to use lol) and secure with a punch circle.

***

There! I hope my little tips and tricks are useful for you guys... By the way, the card and tag kits I used in these projects are ON SALE! Check it out and use the code CARDKITPROMO for you to get the discount... Will be back again next month for some Robin's Nest goodness :) Take care and have a great week ahead!

Love,

7 comments:

Brenda Burfeind said...

Great cards and tags. Thanks for the tutorials

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Gen these are adorable projects! I love how you made your instructions too!

juscrap said...

great tags and cards. hugs

Robin O'Crowley said...

Love, Love, Love your creations, and wonderful tutorials!!!!

Gaylynn said...

Beautiful projects. And the tutorial with pics are wonderful. Stunning!

Tonya said...

Absolutely awesome card and tags! Thanks for the tutorials too :-)

Camille Short said...

Excellent projects!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...