Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Magic of Black and White

Hi Everyone it's Danie here today with a little Christmas Canvas Wall Plaque to share with you all.  Last week I had received some wonderful coloring products (mists and powder) which I haven't used before so I decided to play with them and incorporate them into my DT post today.  Adding color yourself is a great way to create something unique or to coordinate with other items and use some of the wonderful patterned Black and White or lighter colored Papers from the Robin's Nest.



I started with a small Canvas Board which is 5.5 x 7.5 inches and a piece of the Glitter Black and White Swirl Border Paper (which I cut the flourishes out of and placed along the top and bottom of my Canvas).  To this I coated it all with some Gesso and rubbed back in some parts to reveal the flourish of my paper more clearly.  From a scrap piece of the Damask Black and White Paper I punched some circles using a one and three quarter inch circle punch to create my hanging ornaments with some Ric Rac and Gold Metallic Dew Drops.  Other items I have used included some Tim Holtz Tissue Tape with a Music Score Design, A Christmas Sentiment Stamp and a Chipboard Corner Flourish which I painted black and then added a touch of Gold Buff.  The coloring of my project was done with a combination of Red, and Gold Mists and the ornaments were colored with some Red Magicals Powder all of which I was trying for the first time.  In finishing I inked some edges and did a few doodles here and there with a Black Pitt Big Brush Stampers Pen.  This picture doesn't do the wonderful shimmer effect of the mists justice and it is something a little different for me, so I am now thinking this would work great as a Christmas Card Design also.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend and until next time Happy Crafting!

Danie xx


5 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very cool Danie!! I am going to play with inks too! I know the papers have a great resist.... Tfs

Michelle H. said...

Very pretty and creative!
Love the papers you used!

Barbara Rankin said...

Love your colors in this piece. It is so pretty how you put it all together. I really love it!

Camille Short said...

Super pretty!

Robin said...

Fun, out of the box!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...