Thursday, December 20, 2012

Brooke's Last Post

Happy Thursday from sunny Jamaica! I am currently on a Christmas vacation, taking a nice break from school. :)

This is my final post for The Robin's Nest, and I would like to thank the entire team, coordinators, and blog followers. :) I've really enjoyed my DT term but I didn't reapply for the team because I need to completely focus on my education this year. Thank you to everyone for allowing me to share my creativity; I hope you've been inspired!

I have one final scrapbook layout to share today:


When I started this page my goal was layers. layers, layers! (as usual) Layered behind the photo is a piece of classified cardstock, a piece of glitter pine cardstock (there is also a strip of this paper at the bottom of the page), and smoke cardstock
The title was cut from vellum using my diecutting machine and I splattered a bit of white mist across the layout for interest. 

The dew drops really complete the page and tie all the colours together. I used metallic gold dew dropsparisian dew drops, and soil dew drops


I layered a feather, gold leaves, tissue paper, a vintage postage stamp, and a venice clippy. The leaves were plain white to begin with, too plain for the look I was going for, so I covered them in gold embossing powder and heat embossed them. Yes, you can heat emboss things other than paper! They're very shiny and have a great texture in real life. 


This flower took all of 3 minutes to make. Just cut a few lopsided circles from fabric, layer them over top of each other and randomly sew through the middles with a needle and thread (make sure to keep the thread tight so that the layers bunch up and ruffle). A gold dew drop completes the flower perfectly. I love dew drops for flower centres; they're so simple and pretty. 
The leaves are diecut from kraft cardstock and the pink flower is just a generic dollar store brand. 

Thank you for visiting the blog today, and Happy Holidays!! 

5 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Brooke! I have greatly appreciated all of your beautiful creations!! Good luck in school! I know you cab accomplish anything that you put your mind to!

juscrap said...

Soo beautiful! hugs

Camille Short said...

Great layout!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Robin said...

Brooke, this is fabulous, we will miss you, good luck with school, we wish you the best.

michelle hodges said...

Very pretty LO!!
Love all the details!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...