Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Dew Drop Tree

 OH Christmas Tree!

I was so excited to make this for the blog hop, but I thought that it would be better to show off our super wonderful designers talents instead, but here I am showing you now.

I bought a cardboard cone from one of my local craft stores and proceeded to glue away.
I used two different glues, Helmar and Scraperfect glue.  The Helmar glue I used to draw the swirls, then in placed the gold mini dew drops on the line. I then used Scraperfect glue in a sidewards motion and placed tear drops from our "river bed" tear drop mix and just filled in the rest of the cone.  
 Here is a close-up pic.
I placed this on my table as my tablescape. I hope you try one of these. They are super easy!
Thanks Robin, for letting me steal your day :).

Rachel

14 comments:

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

wow beautiful! I love those dew drops so much lol I use them all the time but would not have thought of using them this way.

Camille Short said...

Love your tree! I really like how you interwove some swirls...great design!

Beckie said...

That is a stunning tree. I bet it looks gorgeous with the light shinning on it :)

michelle hodges said...

Very gorgeous tree!
Love it!
I'm making a styrofoam tree I started a couple days ago using lots of trims.
Very clever idea to use the gems!!
Amazing design!

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

love this! You have inspired me to try something like this!

Robin Horasanian said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Cumbrianlass said...

Wow, this is stunning, what a fabulous idea.
Janet

Wendy said...

So pretty!

Jamie said...

Beautiful!

Danie May said...

This gorgeous Rachel! I love the contrast between the gold swirls and the teardrop colors. xx

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Thanks everyone!!

Robin said...

Gorgeous Rachel!

Clare D. said...

Oh, I love this! I have a few of these trees in the stash and hope I have enough Dew Drops!

Barbara Rankin said...

Okay, what can I say that hasn't been said. This is absolutely wonderful. I am inspired to make one for myself. Love it, love it, love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...