Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cracked Glass Anniversary Card

Tomorrow is my 18th Wedding Anniversary so I thought I would share with you all the card I made for my hubby, which uses the Cracked Glass Technique and the Glitter Black and White Paisley Cardstock  and Black Cardstock  from The Robin's Nest.


I have taken a 12.5 x 12.5 cm White Card Base and then cut a square measuring 12 x 12 cm from the black cardstock.  And two squares from the Black and White Paisley Cardstock.  One measuring 10 x 10 cm and the other 9 x 9 cm.  Taking three colors of my Stampers Big Brush Pens from Faber Castell I applied color to the smaller piece of the Paisley Cardstock and then to this I glued a heart I had cut using my spellbinders dies also out of the Paisely Cardstock.

To achieve the Cracked Glass Look I then applied Versamark Ink all over the colored piece and then applied UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel).  I heated this with my heat gun until it melted as you would any embossing powder and then kept repeating the process by added more Versamark Ink and UTEE until I had built up a thick layer over the colored piece.  I then set this aside to cool/dry.

Once Dry I then proceeded to bend the colored piece back and forth until the enamel started to crack alternating where I was bending the piece so the cracks formed in different directions to give the appearance of the Cracked Glass.  Once happy with the result.  I then adhered this to the other piece of Black and White Paisley Cardstock, then to the Black Square and then to my card base.  To finish I applied my stamped and punched sentiment and a couple of dew drops (from the Mens Collection) to the flower centers of my colored piece.

I love the effect of this technique and the colors are quite rich and perfect for a card to give to a male without being to over the top romantic, don't you think?

I have used this same Paisley Cardstock for another project which is a Cute Christmas Themed Canvas which is my Application Project for the latest Robin's Nest Design Team Call if you would like to take a look, you will find this over on my blog today also.

Have a great weekend!

Danie  xx


6 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I love it!! Great technique! I am going to try it!! Thanks Danie!!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Sorry, I hit enter too fast... Happy Anniversay tomorrow!!!

michelle hodges said...

Very pretty!!
Love using Utee and Faber-Castell.
Love the technique you used!
Happy Anniversary!!

Susan Hogan said...

Beautiful indeed. I know he will be delighted that you went to the trouble to make a card for him.

Barbara Rankin said...

This is so pretty, Danie. I love how you cracked the image. Really cool.

TracyM #6773 said...

Happy Anniversary Danie!!!
Love the cracked glass effect of your card :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...