Friday, October 26, 2012

Time Flies Before You Know It

 
It seems just like yesterday that our son was born.  He has grown up so quickly.  Sadly, I don't have a lot of pictures of him when he was very little as we couldn't afford a camera or the film for it.   Remember the days when you had to use film and have it developed? We had a camera when he was first born so we have a few pictures of him as a newborn, but after a while that camera became old and no longer worked.  I believe Josh was about 8 when we were able to get another camera and I've been taking a lot of photos of him since.  He has been homeschooled and is now moving onto the next part of his life...work and college.  This picture is one that I took because it was important to me to have some pictures of him as a "senior." 
 
 His favorite season is the fall and this paper from The Robin's Nest was the perfect choice to do a layout with one of the pictures.  I love how the colors in this sheet of Autumn Leaf paper bring out the colors that he is wearing.  I added the tag from the chipboard shapes with his name and the date to take the place of journaling to keep the focus of the layout on the picture and the embellishments.  I covered it using the Autumn Sticker tag piece and a couple of the leaf circles and the "Enjoying Fall" tab. Then, I added the glitter letters and some of the Black Forest Mini Dew Drops to complete the tag and the border around the leaf sticker in the left hand corner.  I, also, added a couple of them to the corners of the photo mat that I created to finish off the look of it. 
 
I plan on doing something a little different with this layout and instead of putting it away in an album I'm going to put it in a frame and display it proudly in honor of the great young man that little infant I once held in my arms has grown to be. 
 


4 comments:

Danie May said...

These papers were perfect for this photo Peg! Such a lovely layout of your son and his favorite time of year! xx

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Beautiful layout Peg!! Great job!

michelle hodges said...

Beautiful LO!!
Love the paper with the Fall leaves.
TFS!

Melisa Waldorf said...

What a sweet tribute to your son. They do grow up to fast. I could totally relate because when my children were babies / toddlers we too could afford to take lots of photo's and a lot of the ones we took are blurry. And we certainly didn't have any "photography" skills, so some of the backgrounds are horrible. Thank goodness we did take them to walmart or sears every now and then for some photo's. I didn't realize then how important those photo's would be to me now that they are all grown up. TMI, sorry ... I just related to what you wrote. Beautiful page and I love the leaves!! I actually have a photo of my kids in a leaf pile and this would be a perfect page. Thanks so much for the inspiration!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...