Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ruffles.

Happy Thursday!

It's Brooke here, sharing a new RN project with you!

I decided to take my colour inspiration this week from the parisian mini dew drops. The aqua, pearl, and yellow is such a sweet combo!


A very girly, VERY ruffly page with a picture of my sister and me on a dinner date.

The ruffles were made using white streamers (crepe paper). With an 8.5x11" piece of plain cardstock as my base, I sewed simple ruffles across the entire page using my sewing machine. I wasn't trying to make them perfect or straight so I just sewed really quickly and I love how it turned out.


Behind the photo I layered a square of honeycomb linen cardstock (side B), tissue paper, a snippet of silver glitter chipboard, a snippet of glitter blue robin cardstock (side B), a circle of classified cardstock that I spray misted yellow, a doily, and a large banner strip of glitter white swirl cardstock.

I love how thick the Robin's Nest papers are; it makes them so easy to mist, distress, and layer! The classified cardstock is so neutral and acts as a great base for misting.

I also added a chipboard alpha title, "SWEET", describing our evening. :)



Detailed shot of the fabulous parisian and fairy dust dew drops.

Don't forget to mark your calendars for World Cardmaking Day on Saturday because The Robin's Nest is hosting some festivities right here on the blog! Come by and check it out!

Thank you so much for visiting the blog today, and enjoy the rest of your Thursday.

Brooke

4 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

It iS such a sweet project!! I love it! Your ruffles are adorable and your layering brings everything together!

Barbara Rankin said...

Very frilly and elegant. Love it Brooke!

Ashley H said...

This is so pretty! I love the girlieness of it :)

Danie May said...

Gorgeous! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...