Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Not Your Average Pumpkins

Happy Thursday!

I know that Halloween was yesterday but I wanted to share my version of pumpkin decorating on the blog today.
 I wanted something super glam and I knew in the beginning that I wanted it to be monochromatic so I tried to stick with silver tones.


To start I washed and dried each pumpkin (each a bit bigger than a baseball) then spray painted them with Krylon chrome spray paint. One coat of that stuff was enough to cover the pumpkins nicely! I let the pumpkins dry for about half an hour before I started handling them. 


The second step was painting the stems with glitter. I mixed one part Mod Podge with 2 parts fine silver glitter. I used a very small brush to paint the stems with 2 coats of the glitter mixture so I could get into every nook and cranny. 

The next step was BLING! I used clear rhinestones in assorted shapes along with Robin's Nest dew drops. The dew drops came from the fairy dustmen's, and classified collections. 
All dew drops and rhinestones were adhered using HELMAR Gemstone Glue and it worked really well. Very strong bond!  I loved that it dried clear so it was hardly visible when I made a mistake. ;)



I did use real pumpkins...and looking back it probably would have been more sensible to use fake pumpkins so they could be reused each year...hindsight. :)

Thank you for checking out the blog today! 

Brooke.

10 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

These pumpkins are fabulous!!! Great job! You can still use them for your fall decor...

Julene Matthews said...

Wow these are amazing! They can be kept as Christmas DEcorations too.

Terri Sproul said...

this is so pretty....

Leah Crowe said...

wow, they are stunning!

Barbara Rankin said...

That has gotta be the prettiest pumpkin I've ever seen!

michelle hodges said...

Very pretty!
Love it!!

Anna said...

OHHHHhh so pretty!! Love the Blinged up pumpkins!!

Robin said...

I want to make these!

Dawn Mercedes said...

so very lovely!! and yes, hindsight is always 20/20!

Alexis said...

So pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...