Sunday, October 28, 2012

Honeycomb and Chocolate

Hi everyone its Danie here today with a scrapbook layout for you.   I don't use brown/orange tones much but when first I saw the Distressed Honeycomb Paper from The Robin's Nest, I fell in love. So much so that I had to add to my honeycomb addiction and get more of the wonderful Robin's Nest paper variations in this color such as Glitter Brown Daisies on Honeycomb and, Honeycomb Linen Fleur both of which have stripes on their reverse sides.

Just like the honeycomb you eat its a perfect match with chocolate.  This combination is perfect for a male themed scrap page, mine today is some photos from my hubby's 45th Birthday earlier this year.


For my layout my background is a piece of Distressed Honeycomb Paper and I have used the other papers I mentioned above for accents.  I have stamped and stencilled and scribbled over the background using ink and my Gelato Pens, and a combination of stamps from the Unity Stamp Company's SMAK Kits and a piece of Punchinella. The two little banners were made by punching hearts in the striped and fleur papers and threading them on some paper cord.


8 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

This is such a beautiful layout!!! I love how everything came together! And you are right, the color combination is pretty addicting! Great job Danie!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

LOVE this monochromatic layout!!! You created a fabulous background!

Chrissie J Lui said...

A lovely layout...the honeycomb paper is gorgeous..x x x

annemarks said...

Lovely scrapbook page, great clours and i love the banner : )

Kate M said...

Great scrapbook page and L/O I love the honeycomb paper too - beautiful colours.
Kate
xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fabulous layout and great photo's
Lindsay xx

Zoe said...

Yum! Great layout, love honeycomb and choc! Great photos too xx

jane stillman said...

A great scrapbook page x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...