Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Glitter envelope.

Happy Thursday Robin's Nesters!

I'm excited to share this page with you today:


A few weeks ago my boyfriend drove 9 hours each way just to spend 2 days with me and it was a complete surprise. Thankfully my sister was prepared and snapped a picture of my reaction. :)

To start off with I layered tropical voyage paper (love the woodgrain!), some smoke cardstock and a piece of ordinary burlap behind my 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 photo. 
I made the mini envelope using brown glitter cardstock and my ScorPal . Super easy to make and the cardstock is already embellished with glitter so it's a great timesaver. I tucked a special note to my boyfriend into the envelope. 
The blue paper layered beneath the photo and envelope is actually damask black and white paper. The embossed finish makes this paper IDEAL for misting as the black sections resist the colour and the white sections absorb it. I sprayed a little bit of blue mist over the paper, dried it with my heat gun, and had perfect patterned paper for my layout! There is also a bit of white glitter swirl paper scattered throughout the page. 


I used gold dew drops and fairy dust dew drops to make flower embellishments to scatter across the layout. Dew drops are so versatile!

Thank you for visiting the blog today and I hope you have an amazing Thursday!

6 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Super cute!!! I love all of your details and the envelope is soo cool. Thank your sister too for such a cute pic!

Dawn Mercedes said...

wow...what a neat idea!

Wendy said...

Very pretty!

Danie May said...

Simply Beautiful Brooke! What a lovely surprise and a wonderful reminder of it you now have for the years ahead.

Barbara Rankin said...

Beautiful layout, Brooke!

michelle hodges said...

Very pretty LO!
Love that you added an envelope and how you alter the damask paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...