Thursday, September 6, 2012

You've Captured My Heart


Hello RN fans :)

I'm not usually much of a card maker...but lately this has changed. I will be starting my first year of college this week and I know my schedule will be super busy and hectic, so I have been making cards in advance to send to my boyfriend who lives 600km away. This way I will have a bunch of sweet notes/cards to just drop in the mail and let him know I'm thinking of him. :) 

As soon as I saw the "you've captured my heart" ribbon in the Dazzling Pretties Ribbon Pack, I knew I had to use it on a card. It's so versatile! You can mist it, cut it, sew it etc. On my card I chose to leave it's natural colour but snipped it into 2 pieces. 

 I diecut a "speech bubble" sort of shape out of the discovery girl glitter cardstock and layered it over some white tissue paper and white thread. Some mist splatters, in love in Italy dew drops, hand drawn hearts, and gold airmail washi tape give it a bit more detail.
I added a bit of glitter to the edges of the diecut shape, sewed through the ribbon with pink thread/my sewing machine, and added a button to finish it off.
The button was just a plain wooden button which I embossed with gold embossing powder then sewed on with simple white thread.

Maybe pull out your Robin's Nest products this week and make a quick encouragement card/ love note for someone special. :)

4 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Super cute card! I love it!! I am sure that your boyfriend will adore it too!

Congrats and good luck in college!

Terri Sproul said...

love this card..

Robin said...

Fabulous girl, love your style!

Danie May said...

A great CAS Design Brooke and I love your use of the ribbon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...