Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mosaic Baroque Bird House

 Hi! Michelle here to welcome you to The Robins Nest with another one of my Bird Houses!
You can see one I made here last year. So cute!
Bird houses are so much fun to decorate and they make great home decorations. No matter the season!
Below you can see I started with a unfinished wooden bird house. I removed the perch with a quick tug. This gives me the option to decorate the perch or put something else in it's place! Then I gave it about two coats  of white craft paint as a primer. The color of your primer becomes the "grout" for your mosaic work.
 Then as you can see, I simply cut my papers to size and glued in place.  Some I cut in shapes of squares, triangles, little bits and big bits. I wanted you to see it as a mosaic art work, and not just some paper glued to a wooden birdhouse.

 I added the dew drops on the roof as a mosaic  dimensional effect.

 I like how this looks. Reminds me of some of the Grecian art work I used to see in the original "Getty Museum" when it was on Pacific Coast Highway here in California. It's still there, you know, the driveway still has the long fountains lined with beautiful marble Greek statues. The new Getty Museum is now located in Los Angeles. If your ever in California, I recommend to visit for the day. Maybe you'll see for your self some art work to inspire! :)
 Materiasl used:  Baroque paper ............................ (backside of) Glitter Girl Discovery
 Glitter Blue Green Elephant ...................................... Metallic Teal Dew Drops

 (backside of) Palm Tree Border  ................................................ Sea Shore

- (Tacky glue and assorted glitter glues to accent the Baroque paper. )
Thanks for coming by! I hope to have inspired you to make up a mosaic bird house of your own! I post here every Friday and will see you next week for the Festive Friday blog hop.  See you then!
~ Michelle Frae Cummings


4 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I need to go to this museum next time I am in California! If you can make this birdhouse this cool, then the other art must be that cool too!

Great job Michelle!!

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Thanks! You know me and Bird houses... :)

Danie May said...

This is lovely Michelle, I so now want one for my house! xx

Barbara Rankin said...

Love the birdhouse, Michelle. Great idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...