Friday, September 7, 2012

Instant Photo Book




     Hi everyone! It's Peg and I am delighted to announce that I have rejoined the team.  It's so good to be back with The Robin's Nest and the team!  It feels like I'm back home again.

      Today I have a fun book to share with all of you.   Lately, I've taken an interest in different types of books and how to alter and create them.  Recently, I checked a book out from my library on how to make books and found the instructions on how to make this cute little "instant book" in it.  I decided to give it a try.  It's simple to make with just a few folds and a couple of cuts and you have a book in an instant.  These books are usually made with photos already printed on the paper so when they are cut and folded the book is finished, but I thought it would be fun to use some of the gorgeous paper and embellishments from The Robin's Nest to create a photo book.  I used a piece of the Glitter Copper Butterflies to create the base of the book and then added the Baroque Paper as a band on the front and back covers. I used the Glitter Letters for the title  and I continued to finish the book by embellishing the pages using the Live Bright Rub On and Sunflower Dew Drops, as well as, some Fresh Mowed Grass Dew Drops.  Now, all it needs is a few of my favorite photos and I have a special little book to sit on my desk where my space is very limited and usually stacked with projects and new ideas waiting to be tried just like this one was.  Now it's even more fun to have it there...for inspiration of another book yet waiting to be created.  As they say, "on to the next!" 

     Have a great weekend!
                 ~Peg

3 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I can imagine all of the possibilities with your folds ;)
Very nice!

Barbara Rankin said...

Wonderful book, Peg. I, too, can see lots of possibilities. TFS.

Robin said...

Nice to have you back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...