Friday, September 21, 2012

Happy First Day of Fall!

I have literally been counting the days until today and the arrival of fall.  I love the season and especially after the hot summer we've had.  Every year I set out several ceramic pumpkins and my family goes to the pumpkin patch and picks up a pumpkin to decorate.  I enjoy making items for fall and putting them out around the house, too. 

This year I chose to make this pumpkin using the fabulous papers and embellishments from The Robin's Nest.  I didn't want just the average orange pumpkin so I chose this gorgeous Glitter Leaf paper for the base of my pumpkin.    After cutting 12 circles from it and scoring them in the middle I adhered them together with the 450 Quick Dry Adhesive from Helmar.  I loved using this glue to hold the pumpkin pieces together because it dries quickly and has a strong hold which allowed me to be able to pull the pumpkin in a circle for its 3-d look.  I punched several scallop circles for the top of the pumpkin from the lime glitter cardstock and added the glitter chipboard leaves.  I used the Glitter Daisy Honeycomb paper (striped side) to create the stem and vine pieces after curling them around a pen.  I finished it off by applying 2 Mowed Grass Dew Drops to the ends of the glitter leaves and 3 yellow dew drops from the Flame Dew Drops on the stem and vines.  It still wasn't enough for me so I added 6 red dew drops from the Flame Dew Drops to one side of every section of pumpkin all the way around using the Gemstone Glue by Helmar to apply all of the dew drops. 

This is one of my favorite pumpkin projects I have created.  It not only makes a great decoration for the fall but can, also, make a great centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table and they are easy to make! 

Happy Fall and Happy Crafting Everyone!
~Peg

6 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

So so cute! And the instructions are wonderful
Too! Fabulous Peg!

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

This is really cute!

Barbara Rankin said...

This is so cute, Peg. I love how you made it, and the papers are awesome as well.

Danie May said...

That paper is perfect for this gorgeous fall decoration Peg! Its just adorable! xx

Carole Lassak said...

Peg, this is so clever!! How big are the circles that you started with? I may have to try and recreate one for my fall decorations.

Robin said...

Love this, I have been wanting to make some of these, but would never have used this paper, how cute it is in this paper. Great Job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...