Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cupcake Easel Card

Hi Everyone!  Danie here today!  September is a month full of birthday's for me, including my own so you may say I have been in need of lots of birthday cards this month.  Hence my choice for my post today.

A couple of months ago I brought my very first electronic cutting machine which has opened me up to the wonderful world of SVG Cutting Files which is what I have used today to create my card today.  The Cutting File is from Paperthreads Design.


Cupcake Easel Card

The card base is cut from a piece of Pink Cardstock from my stash, whilst the layered pieces are cut from the Glitter Pink on Gold Daisies Paper from The Robin's Nest.  The glittered side making a wonderful icing and the striped reverse side I thought was perfect for emulating a cupcake wrapper.  I cut this by hand to suit as I decided not to go with the more dimensional folded wrapper which was part of this cutting file. 


The Easel Card folds fairly flat for postage!


I have assembled the card and cupcake, inking the edges of the pieces and then proceeded to embellish with a stamped sentiment from Unity Stamp Co, some paper roses, punched green leaves, and a little ribbon from my stash.  The finishing touch was lots of the Robin's Nest Dew Drops in shades of pink and clear.

I think fancy folds are always nice to celebrate a more special occasion don't you? 

The Robin's Nest Supplies used for this project.


Glitter Pink on Gold Daisies


Gum Drops dd-138 dew drops in 1 oz bottle


x clear dew drop in oz bottle dd-cg1oz


Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

Danie xx






10 comments:

Kate M said...

Love this cute cupcake card. Fabulous!
Kate
xx

Celia Harrington said...

What a yummy card looks fantastic xxxxxxxxxxx

lindyloo said...

wow this looks brill and could just have a bite of it too lol
linda x

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I love this card! You could use it for invitations too... Super yummy!! Great job Danie!

jane stillman said...

Great card, love the colours and design x

Zoe said...

Looks good enough to eat Hun! Yummy lol! Xxx

Robin said...

Such a cute card, love it so much!

Patiscrap... said...

Hi Robin! 'll Walk you through instagram and today could come to know your blog! I loved knowing your scrap space and see what's new here! Congratulations on your birthday and many happy returns!! Kisses!

Cumbrianlass said...

cor that looks good enough to eat,
Janet

Barbara Rankin said...

Love your cupcake card, Danie. It looks good enough to eat, and the paper really makes it delightful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...