Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Our Journey 8x8 Mini Book

 Hello Robin's Nest Readers,

A few weeks ago I posted a pioneer trek 3 day trip we took with our oldest grand daugher Chelsea.  I have created a 8x8 mini book for her and a copy for Dana and I of these fun memories we had those 3 days. 
Here is the cover of our book.  It shows the picture of a view of Coldwater Creek in Wyoming.  Our book titled "OUR JOURNEY at Martin;s Cove".  I wanted to share with you how I made the Brown Chipboard cover look like used leather.
I started with Brown Chipboard and cut it to an 8x8 size.

Around the edge of the Brown Chipboard I drew lines to look like it was sewn with a black pen.

I then distressed the edge with brown Distress Ink, and then sanded the entire book cover with 2 different sizes of sandpaper.

I then distressed the entire book cover again with Distress ink.

Then again around the edges and again on the front of the entire book I distressed it again with the sponge next to the ink.  My fingers were brown too, but the look is awesome. 

Here is the finished cover of the book.  I used natural burlap, Honeycomb Fleur for the Journey lettering cut out from the cricut, and the shadow is tropical linen also cut with the cricut. I punched a bird with a Martha punch, I also stamped the top edge and the bottom edge with Inkadinkado stamp.  The handcart on the front comes from a Robin's Nest cut out sheet called "Martins Cove".


Here are layoust from the inside of the book above and below, and the book is bound with the Zutter Bind it all, and metal binding.  This page is using green linen cardstock and a Martins Cove cut out and natural burlap.  It is now available in 12x12 sheets in many colors.
This page is using the back side of glitter Mocha Daisy and a cut out from the Martins Cove cut out.
The finished book is a joy to look through.  Chelsea hasn't seen hers yet, but I know she will love it, and it will bring her fond memories of our trek together.

I hope you enjoy this fun book.  Around the metal binding of the book, I put the arm bracelet we all recieved on the trek, it fit perfect, and seriously wasn't planned that way, I just thought it would be fun to attach it to the book. 
 
Have a great week! 
 


Ciao,

Robin

4 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

This is very cute!!

Barbara Rankin said...

I love your mini book, Robin. I love making books, anyway, and this one is a winner!

Marília Lopes said...

I loved this mini book!
Beautiful combination of colors!!

Danie May said...

A lovely way to keep your memories of this adventure close! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...